armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Staff Sergeant

Question Paystubs and W-2

Here's the deal... Our son left us to pay his bills and handle his banking stuff and I have been doing his taxes for years. Paystubs he said he has only gotten one. I am not sure where to look for them, or how to get one for him. I also need his W-2 and he said it was sent out to his home address but his wife says she has not gotten it. So how do I get one, for him?

I know that there is place on line were I can get his info, but he don't remember his ID # or his password. I know he needs to get his S*** together but, he said he is not sure who to ask. Little info please...

MTOMOM

Old 01-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
Here's the deal... Our son left us to pay his bills and handle his banking stuff and I have been doing his taxes for years. Paystubs he said he has only gotten one. I am not sure where to look for them, or how to get one for him. I also need his W-2 and he said it was sent out to his home address but his wife says she has not gotten it. So how do I get one, for him?

I know that there is place on line were I can get his info, but he don't remember his ID # or his password. I know he needs to get his S*** together but, he said he is not sure who to ask. Little info please...

MTOMOM
He'll need to give you access to his mypay account to get a copy of his LES...is there a reason why his wife isn't doing this?

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 01-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Staff Sergeant

Talked to him this morning, he was going to take care of it this morning. Going to call me back with info.

She wants to do it but last time she spent it all. She is not good with his money. Her money she is real tight with. She don't even want to file her taxes with him because before he left was a subcontractor and she don't want to pay his taxes.

Don't get it. But I told him I would make sure his bills were paid. and that money went in to saving. that is all I can do.. He drops money in her account and pays all the bills and some in his account and the rest in to savings. There is not always money left, but some is better than. I think there should be something there for him when he comes home, right? maybe I am wrong but all of our guys out there fighting should have a little money when they come home to something with. They more than earn there income and should be able to enjoy alittle of it.

MTOMOM

Old 01-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Talked to him this morning, he was going to take care of it this morning. Going to call me back with info.

She wants to do it but last time she spent it all. She is not good with his money. Her money she is real tight with. She don't even want to file her taxes with him because before he left was a subcontractor and she don't want to pay his taxes.

Don't get it. But I told him I would make sure his bills were paid. and that money went in to saving. that is all I can do.. He drops money in her account and pays all the bills and some in his account and the rest in to savings. There is not always money left, but some is better than. I think there should be something there for him when he comes home, right? maybe I am wrong but all of our guys out there fighting should have a little money when they come home to something with. They more than earn there income and should be able to enjoy alittle of it.

MTOMOM
Wow... well, every family is sure different. If my inlaws were EVER over our finances I would get a divorce. I firmly believe to keep your family out of your money issues once you leave the house. There should be a non-bias person handling money -- if there is no hope for her to get her act together through financial counseling/courses. I mean, you and your son are both enabling her and not helping the situation. I understand it is easier to "do it yourself", but to me that is a trust issue... JMO...

-Fireball

Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:

MTOMOM
I agree. My son wants to have enough to buy a car when he gets back. Hopefully he will have enough to do that. He should, if he doesn't spend it all. He is terrible with money!!

I laughed yesterday when he called me from Iraq and asked if I was OK financially. He said he had heard how bad it was over here and wanted to make sure I was OK. If I need anything I am supposed to tell him. My reply was, I have seen your bank statements, you don't have any money. He says there is nothing to spend his money on over there, but he seems to find things anyway! Maybe this month will be better.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Staff Sergeant

Default Yea it is a trust thing..

I am not sure he trust her with evrything. But the only thing I can do is try to help. There are alot of expense to pay out. I think he was afriad of them not getting paid. I am not trying to enable her. She still lives at home with mom and dad, runs that road with her freind till all hours of the night and don't care about anything except make sure she has money for smokes and fast food. She goes through the money he puts in her account in just a fw days. and she has decided she does not have to work. He does... He can pay the bills. Sorry it upsets me... So I just try to make sure his money pays their bills first. Then what ever he tells me to do with it is where it goes. I guees that is me trying to help cover his a** from here. It is s love thing.

Just being a protective mother. I know that is not always good. I am trying to do better, but it is hard to do with him not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Wow... well, every family is sure different. If my inlaws were EVER over our finances I would get a divorce. I firmly believe to keep your family out of your money issues once you leave the house. There should be a non-bias person handling money -- if there is no hope for her to get her act together through financial counseling/courses. I mean, you and your son are both enabling her and not helping the situation. I understand it is easier to "do it yourself", but to me that is a trust issue... JMO...

Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
I am not sure he trust her with evrything. But the only thing I can do is try to help. There are alot of expense to pay out. I think he was afriad of them not getting paid. I am not trying to enable her. She still lives at home with mom and dad, runs that road with her freind till all hours of the night and don't care about anything except make sure she has money for smokes and fast food. She goes through the money he puts in her account in just a fw days. and she has decided she does not have to work. He does... He can pay the bills. Sorry it upsets me... So I just try to make sure his money pays their bills first. Then what ever he tells me to do with it is where it goes. I guees that is me trying to help cover his a** from here. It is s love thing.

Just being a protective mother. I know that is not always good. I am trying to do better, but it is hard to do with him not here.
It isn't your place to trust her... it is HIS place to trust her - he married her. Educate your son on the options he has for online bill pay, etc... Because he gets paid the same amount each time - there shouldn't be a problem with it. He can have all that direct deposited and set up on a schedule - leaving you out, but feeling relieved it is being taken care of. USAA has a fabulous system. We use it all the time.

As for your impression of your daughter-in-law... My inlaws fabricate and have selective memory of me...It is amazing how false they are in the majority of their statements. I am sure their imagination goes wild about how horrible I am to their son and how miserable he must be. Truth is - I am the person that keeps him talking to his parents...that encourages frequent visits, calls, and reminds him of birthdays, etc... although they would love to think it is their dear son. What I am saying is - she probably isn't as BAD as you are thinking... it is just that people envision things way worse than they are... that is human nature - when you want the best for your loved one and think he isn't getting it.

Yes, over-protection (after they leave the nest especially) should be a crime. You take away growth opportunities... experiences that make him the man he needs to be. Sometimes they have to learn the hard way... he made a choice he has to deal with the consequences. As hard as it is for us parents... if we don't - it ALWAYS comes back to bite us in the end...

-Fireball

Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

my husband is prepairing to go overseas for his first time. some of his buddies told him how he should put money aside for his self or i will spend it. i blew them off because i know it happens. some wifes do take the money and blow it. these are his brothers in action, and they are only thinking of him, they dont know me. but when his mom told him the same thing, i told him to try it and he can be prepaird to live with his mommy when he gets home

Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
my husband is prepairing to go overseas for his first time. some of his buddies told him how he should put money aside for his self or i will spend it. i blew them off because i know it happens. some wifes do take the money and blow it. these are his brothers in action, and they are only thinking of him, they dont know me. but when his mom told him the same thing, i told him to try it and he can be prepaird to live with his mommy when he gets home
ROFL... the reality is - both people lose when they are gone... Why should one person be rewarded over the other? Of course, I will be setting aside money for my hubby - but would he do the same for me... the wife that handles FREAK'N EVERYTHING... that will spend her extra money (that one would LOVE to think I am spending on myself) on packages to send him monthly??? GIVE ME A BREAK! Both should equally be concerned for the sanity and saftey of their spouse. Both should want to provide the gifts/love, etc... to their loved one. He works hard... She works hard. Somehow... people think the soldier has it hard... he sure does... but so does his family - the experiences are so different yes - yet they bring the same emotions/fears, etc... into their life.

Just my thoughts... of which I am sure mean so much to you all... ROFL

-Fireball

Old 01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
He works hard... She works hard. Somehow... people think the soldier has it hard... he sure does... but so does his family - the experiences are so different yes - yet they bring the same emotions/fears, etc... into their life.

Just my thoughts... of which I am sure mean so much to you all... ROFL
When did you last piss your pants though? due to a hail of bullets