armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Default Best Army

well after reading most peoples comments, i'd have to disagree with most, and this is probably with a lot of bias.

The general view of the Russian Military is that they are a bunch of rabble squads with only one hing that seperates them from he civilian population... the uniforms.

I say this based on the several 'Strung out' conflicts against the Chechyans in previous years, which have proved that the Russian Army is lucky to have any formal organisation.

In my own personal opinion the Australian Army is a formidable opponent in any conflict, although we do rely on equipment that is drastically aged. However, the military training alone is Australia is 18 months, with a further 18 in specific training (i.e. Infantry, Armour etc). Although they are only a small force, they follow similar values to the USMC, 'they are few, they are proud, and they are always faithful'.

The US Army is by far the best. They have proven themselves to be great warriors in all conficts, despite many stereotypes of recieving an ***-whoopin in Vietnam, which was ultimately a pointless confict.

The only downfall to the US Army is the people running it. With a trigger happy Head of State and so many gung-ho generals, its no wonder why the US Infantry sterotype is being seen as 'cannon fodder'.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Sergeant

america has the best army, i challenge and one of you who think that their army is best to a pm debate. england and the aussies would have to come in close second. america has won every war that she has fought, and every operation that the public knows about, and are curently winning this one that we are in in iraq, who else can say that about their country in all honesty?

you might ask me, well, what about vietnam? what about korea? vietnam was a victory, we stoped the spread of comunism and the ratio of american deaths and nva/vc deaths is staggering. korea was a win becasue we did what we set out to do, only not fully, but it was still considered a victory.

if anyone would like to debate this, then pm me

Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Second Lieutenant

To all you americans who reckon the US army is best, you only think so because your arrogant generals and politicians tell you that you are, and because of countless Hollywood films like saving private ryan which make you out to be invincible super-soldiers.

In fact, the United Kingdom has the best army (followed by France and Germany whereas the US probably has the worst training and leadership of most western armies, with your only strength in your immense budget and man-power). This is based on the opinions of the the top western generals, recent battle records, and NATO itself (NATO is headed by a Brit and during the cold war, and the main defensive posts were manned by British armoured divisions, as they are the only "Class A" standard in the world.

A good analogy can be the Falklands, where Argentina, which was classed was a military great power at the time, was beaten in merely a couple of months in the Falklands, by an inferior-numbered, and rapidly-assembled British task force.

A comparison between the British and Americans can be during the Fallujah campaign when 2 US *Marine* battalions were replaced by just a single British regular army in Baghdad to allow the marines to go to Fallujah, receiving a fraction of the casualties. Even the commanding officer of the marines involved said that the British show was "awesome". Also, our special forces - the SAS and SBS - have always been, and still are, used by all NATO powers, including america to resolve particuarly difficult problems. (The US were reported to have brought in the SAS to Vietnam).

When you also compare that in Iraqi Freedom, US navy seals (the "best" of the US military) were doing joint operations alongside regular British marines. Also, when you say that Australia is possibly the best, you forget that they were our colony until recently, and that we taught them everything they know. To the retard who said that Pakistan has the best and that Hitler said if he could have an army it would be pakistan's, you forget pakistan didn't exist until after he died, and that the area that is now Pakistan, again, was a British colony, with any military knowledge they have being most likely taken from the Brits.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Default Australia

"We are one, but we are many, and from ALL the lands on Earth we come, we share a dream, and sing with one voice... I AM you are WE ARE AUSTRALIAN"

That is a proud song of the Australian people, and suggests nothing of British origin, but rather origins from all over the world.

It is not our national anthem however, but i dont see anyone in this country who sings 'God save the queen' either.

Mr is_mac, you talk of arrogent americans and their generals, i entirely agree with you on that, but there are several points which i believe you have based on total utter bull****.

'Australia was a colony of ours until very recently; - CRAP, its been 104 years since Federation, and we are proud to have removed any legal appeals to the Privy Council, royal assention from the Monarchy, and any constitutional legal connections with the monarcy from OUR CONSTITUTION.

'We taught them everything we knew' - CRAP AGAIN, what we learnt was to not listen to British Officers at Gallipoli, ****in wankers. Where the **** were the Brits when SIngapore was invaded by the Japanese, 'we'll liberate you later??" WHat ****in drugs were your fat assed general on?? HUH?? The Americans saved our asses in the Pacific thankyou very much. SHould've dropped your *** right there and then. WHat were you doing then , fighting an air war in Europe, gee good to know France has a higher priority over the two major british 'FEDERATED NATIONS' (not COLONIES) in the pacific.

We federated in 1901 becasue British defence from possible 'swamping' from asian 'hordes' (please excuse the pre-UN terminology). You guys were crap in looking after you own interests.

Australia has done herself proud, we learnt nothing from you, as our military forces have only improved since WW2 when we became heavily influenced by the United States.

I am a proud Australian, and would serve her, the US, New Zealand, and even Israel in any World War. **** Britian you've done nothing for us in the past 104 years, we can only hope for a New Rebublic in order to drop any military obligations to the UK.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Second Lieutenant

It doesn't actually matter if australia was recently a colony or not - we still owned ur army in ww2. U still fought under the name "british army". Don't make out that you are better than us - you australians are more british genetically than any other country except the UK.
I can imagine what you are like - like most australians i have met actually - a **** who is bitter about the fact we owned you. Gallipoli was a disaster, i admit - the biggest disaster in our history i think, so don't use that against us - it was a combination of disease and that the turks just plain fought better than you anzacs, not really british tactical error - we merely underestimated the turks. If i'm not correct, to get you lot out, we brits organised the so-called "most organised evacuation in military history" to get you out, so don't act like we are incompetent.
You see, the thing about singapore was that we were too busy fighting the BIGGEST MILITARY FORCE IN HISTORY to worry about singapore. Also, you cheeky ****, you did **** all in singapore, burma etc... actually. Remember the Chindits and Gurkhas, you dumb ****? We fought our own way out of there. I admit we would have lost in the pacific without the US, but i bet u didn't know that the tactics which were used by all the allies to finally out-wit the previously-invincible japanese army were developed by british officers in operation filing cabinet. Army also did **** all on the asian mainland in that war, u forget their war was to get them off the pacific islands)

"Hat were you doing then , fighting an air war in Europe, gee good to know France has a higher priority over the two major british 'FEDERATED NATIONS'"

Wtf? We were fighting in europe to stop germany invading us, you complete spastic. Are you really that full of yourself that you excepted us to remove our military from europe - leaving us open to invasion - to come make sure you didn't get a bit hurt?? you are an absolute ****, you know that?

I think you'll find the main reason we released you from our power was because of the damage done to our economy after the war and the post-nazi liberalism aggravated by ghandi etc.

Haha, your forces have improved after ww2 when u became more influenced by the US??? haha, you retard, what did i just spend the last post talking about? If i'm not correct, your new-found US influences still involved you being trained by our military is some aspects, as well as doing joint-ops with our troops; yeah, less UK influence there.....

As for your comment about not serving the UK; do you think that we need your piss-ant, wannabe-british military to help us? No. Yeah, we've "done nothing" for you... only build your economy and make you everything you are.... :S You see, you have to learn that you are our bitches and that the fact you even think you're better than us is ridiculous. As i said before, you are genetically almost identical to brits, and that you have MUCH less post-war experience in military affairs than us, which proves my point you CANNOT are ARE NOT better than us.... we have the best-trained, most experienced, best-led military in the world for ****'s sake; and that's not patriotic dribble; that's pure fact.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan
personally i think pakistan as hitler said that if i could have any army in the world it would be pakistan.
Why Pakistan? They've never won a war before - us indians kicked their *** every time (3 official wars, but in reality we've had 4 wars, and have basically been constantly in war for the past 20 years).

Old 04-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes
i have a quick question. What is a KURKY knife?
Well what i have heard the SAS is excellent. We know for a fact that we are excellent. Correct me if i am wrong, but aren't the SAS like our Marine Force Recon?
It's actually "Khukri". My grandfather was a Ghurka (for India) and yes, they kicked ***.

I knew India and Nepal have Ghurkas but I had no clue that the British still have them.

KHUKRI

Old 04-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Default to the brit, luv the aussie

first of all, enough with the genetic crap, i have some proud history all over the world with my family name, i can trace it all the way back to the normans at Hastings. But, I find genetics irrelevant perhaps because im not a racist??? 'Genetically identical' and ****ty terms like that make YOU sound like the ****ing Nazi.

Oh, and we didnt fight under the title of Britsh Army, we fought under the title of ANZAC Army you dick wank (if your ****in callin out names, then so am I), because the New Zealanders didn't have the numbers to hold they're own divisions. It was titled a 'colonial army' by the ****headed monarchy of the time because that gave them jurisdiction over our deployment. Jurisidiction which we later shoved anyway.

Dont give me crap about fear from invasion, we know what its like, Australia was in the same position with the Japs as England (if you prefer that to the UK) was with Germany.

Another point, the 'most organised military evacuation in history' is actually Dunkirk, despite being rushed. I know, it was the British boys that done it, but it didin't involve any Australians, so end it right there.

Yet Another point - If Britian was sooo fantastic at holding her own, why were there American pilots fighting in Spitfires over the channel. How come england kept borrowing ships and crews from the Americans, how come the B17 is an AMERICAN plane. You certainly done yourselves proud holding your front across the channel, but you WOULDNT have done it without the Americans.

As for Singapore, well that was a big assed stuffup. Problem was it wasnt entirely our failure. AUstralian troops in Singapore we promised reinforcements from Africa once 'the brits one the war there'. Took you longer than expected, so we bailed. By the time the famed 'rats of Tobrooke' got to the Pacific, what was left of the Australian force was sitting in Papua New Gunia, and for those who dont know how far that is, its about a 3000km retreat from SIngapore. Once reinforced, the Battle of Kokoda took place and two Australian Infantry divisions, with NO Armour, and limited Air support, stopped a Japanese Invasion Force. Hell, lets just say we done a better job at stopping invasions than the Germans did hey.

As for the yanks, they saved our asses in the Coral Sea, Solomon Isalnds, and the Phillipones (after a stumble). I admit, the US has had some pretty big flukes in history, ****, look at the Revolution (was that another British strategic error??, oh right... the French). I believe you are being offended because I am not naming the Brits as the best army, gee whiz that was an obvious staement if i'd ever heard one. Know doubt, he Brits were at the forefront right 'til the end of the Great War, when the US then became the economic capital of the world. Just about every modern warfare tactic was developed by British Officers, the Tank was effectively a British invention. All true, but its not the history or materials that stand an Army on its feet, its the applications of these things. WOWZA, you have an SAS and all that stuff, probably the best trained troops in the world (hell, the Australian SAS is based on them, no arguments there), but seriously, the US has the Marines, Delta, Rangers, and the SEAL's. In any case, they have the numbers... agreed??

Brits have developed stategies and tactics... true. But the United States of America has done a damn good job with applying them.

By calling the US Army the best army, we are not calling the British the worst. You're a damn fine second, and i couldnt give a **** who comes third 'cos it aint us in Australia.

C'mon poeple, seriously, stop getting so damned patriotic over this crap (and dont cover up patriotic dribble by trying to call it fact.. it DOESNT ****ING MATTER), we're never gonna go to war AGAINST each other (hopefully). Who cares who really has the best army, we're all fighting together anyway.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Second Lieutenant

I have to say that i agree with everything you said, except for the anglophobia and the pro-americanism. I don't, however, agree with u saying america saved us in the battle of britain (not patriotic crap - i am a realist). I admit they flew planes, and that they supplied us, but to be honest, the RAF became the best and biggest air force in the world towards the end of that. With everything else u say, however, i agree. it pisses me off, though, how you stick-up for americans over us, seeing as they are more your enemy than us. As for your naive, politically-correct comments about me mentioning genetics. You just have to accept that people from different countries and racial groups have evolved to be different... i mean, you would have to be just plain stupid to believe every person in the world was the same inside. think about it; think about how different countries do better in different aspects than others. It's just brainwashing by the liberal media that causes people like you to believe all the "one race" pish.

Old 04-17-2005, 04:24 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Default agreed

i dont see either America or Britain as any sort of enemy, in any form. Both the United States and Britian are valuable allies to Australia, as you are to each other.

Also, you have to realise that Australia is not just a white european society. We are educated from day one that Australia is a multi cultural nation, and every person, no matter their background, is treated the same and viewed the same in society. Thats why i find your 'genetics' stuff absolute crap.

In relation to who has the best army, genetics has absolutly nothing to do with it. As far as i see it, its all about leadership and pride. In both of those aspects, the UK wins for sure. But, numbers and equipment wise, the US wins.