armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Brigadier General

Exclamation Remembrance threads

When someone posts in honour of a fallen brother or sister can members please show a level of respect...if you have no respect... just leave the thread without posting...leave the brainless and pathetic games for the lounge section and do not taint the memory of good lads who have paid the highest price...whether they are American British or any other allied countrymen...Most of you were raised well and should know better.

Remember these lads could easily be our.. Fathers... Brothers...sons...Husbands or boyfriends.

Just show respect or dont bother posting when someone writes a Eulogy.

A little respect isnt too much to ask..if you cant managed respect...then shutting the Łuck up would be the best thing.

jrj1000
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Last edited by jrj1000; 05-17-2009 at 04:58 AM..

Old 05-17-2009, 07:05 AM
General of the Armies

Well said botherman!!.. Well Said!!...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Well said botherman!!.. Well Said!!...
You know what I mean mate...attention seeking little ball bags making everything about them.

If they stopped spouting **** for two bloody seconds they might learn something....learning respect would be a start.

كافر

Old 05-17-2009, 10:04 AM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
You know what I mean mate...attention seeking little ball bags making everything about them.

If they stopped spouting **** for two bloody seconds they might learn something....learning respect would be a start.
Respect has to be earned, and what they did was childish. But then again you can't teach common sense. And respect is something I consider common sense.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Captain

Well said JRJ1000, well said.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Private

Txs jrj..You and you're mates are friends of Nightflyer. If we may..May 14th 2009-

The Defense Department announced the death of a U.S. soldier who was killed in Iraq:

Cpl. Ryan C. McGhee, 21, of Fredericksburg, Va., died May 13 from wounds suffered when his unit came in contact with enemy forces while conducting combat operations in Central Iraq. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, Ga.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae

i can't believe my eyes... i have been off the site for the past couple of days and didn't even get to see the post by Glenn untill it had already been locked and removed. I'm apalled.... and ashamed of some of my new friends that i have made on here. Since they don't seem to have the common sence to realise that they need to apologise, let me do it for them. What they did was both wrong and reprehansable. how could you be so disrespectful not only to our fellow forum member, but also to a fallen hero. you should be ashamed of yourselves and should have had the common decency to move to another thread or at least if you were gonna have a little temper tantrum, go to a PM. the WHOLE reason we are here is to support and respect the brave men and women that are serving our country!! and you had to go and do something like this! HOW COULD YOU????

Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force 77 View Post
Txs jrj..You and you're mates are friends of Nightflyer. If we may..May 14th 2009-

The Defense Department announced the death of a U.S. soldier who was killed in Iraq:

Cpl. Ryan C. McGhee, 21, of Fredericksburg, Va., died May 13 from wounds suffered when his unit came in contact with enemy forces while conducting combat operations in Central Iraq. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, Ga.
may he RIP.... he will be in our thoughts and prayers....

Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force 77 View Post

RIP Ranger.

May your life never be forgotten.

This Brit salutes

كافر

Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Brigadier General

It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that Marine Jason Mackie of Armoured Support Group Royal Marines was killed in Afghanistan on Thursday 14 May 2009.

Marine Mackie was supporting IX Company of the Welsh Guards when his vehicle struck an explosive device in the Basharan area of central Helmand, Afghanistan.

The explosion killed Marine Mackie instantly and also injured his crew mate who is still receiving medical treatment.

At the time of his death Marine Mackie was serving as a Viking All-Terrain Vehicle Operator in 3rd Armoured Support Troop (AST) of the Armoured Support Group, Royal Marines (ASGRM).

Marine Mackie was born in Harare in Zimbabwe and moved to Oxford in 2002. He was 21 years old and joined the Royal Marines in June 2007. Following successful completion of Royal Marine Recruit Training and the Commando Course he joined 40 Commando Royal Marines based in Taunton where he initially served as a Rifleman.

He then underwent the Armoured Support Operators Course, qualifying him to operate the Viking All-Terrain Vehicle. In September 2008 he joined the Armoured Support Group Royal Marines and completed pre-deployment training before deploying on operations to Afghanistan in November 2008.

Marine Mackie was an energetic and highly respected member of the Royal Marines and the Armoured Support Group. He loved all sports and was always a central character in the unit social life.

Marine Mackie was a very passionate and proud Zimbabwean who enjoyed hunting at home on the farm, a hobby which helped him become a marksman during basic training. He was admired by his colleagues for his work ethic and love of life. He was extremely proud to be a Royal Marine Commando and held dear the qualities of the Commando spirit and displayed courage, determination, unselfishness and cheerfulness in abundance.

كافر