armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default W.O. School

How old can I be to try for warrant officer school and are there waivers if I am to old also how long do I have to be in to apply for it. I think this is the route I want to go if I stay in for a good priod of time.do you have to be a certain rank or have certain requirements to do this

Old 07-21-2008, 09:26 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty32 View Post
How old can I be to try for warrant officer school and are there waivers if I am to old also how long do I have to be in to apply for it. I think this is the route I want to go if I stay in for a good priod of time.do you have to be a certain rank or have certain requirements to do this
I have worked with a bunch of warrant officers It's a real high speed low drag AO. Here is the best information I can give you. First off go here [url]http://www.goarmy.com/about/warrant_officer.jsp[/url] and read about it and see if you really want to be a warrant officer. Second go to your local Army Recruiter. You half to score pretty high on most of the test so start studying. If you have any questions just hit me back.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Captain

[url]http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOoverview.html#l1[/url]

That website gives you all the exact information about how to become a warrant officer, it tells you what fields they need them in and all the prerequisites and waivers. Some things are waiverable and some are not.

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
I have worked with a bunch of warrant officers It's a real high speed low drag AO. Here is the best information I can give you. First off go here [url]http://www.goarmy.com/about/warrant_officer.jsp[/url] and read about it and see if you really want to be a warrant officer. Second go to your local Army Recruiter. You half to score pretty high on most of the test so start studying. If you have any questions just hit me back.
LOL sorry I just have to laugh... given your experience level in the Army I am sure you you've seen a lot of real "high speed low drag AO" stuff...

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
LOL sorry I just have to laugh... given your experience level in the Army I am sure you you've seen a lot of real "high speed low drag AO" stuff...
Lets see here I work with 3 CW4's, My uncle is a CW5, My father is a Retired paratrooper (MAJ), 2 of my AI's at UNA were former Ranger Black Hats, I'm currently on a Ranger Challenge team, I come form 4 generations of Infantry men, and I was looking into applying for WO school before I got the ROTC scholarship. So pardon me, but I have grown up in high speed low drag AO's my entire life. I might only be 18 but I have grown up in a military life style. Now I'm just trying to help this man out by passing down my prior knowledge of this subject. So please lets stay on the current subject and if you want to argue with me pleas do it over a private msg.

Last edited by scconwill; 07-21-2008 at 09:42 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Lets see here I work with 3 CW4's, My uncle is a CW5, My father is a Retired paratrooper (MAJ), 2 of my AI's at UNA were former Ranger Black Hats, I'm currently on a Ranger Challenge team, I come form 4 generations of Infantry men, and I was looking into applying for WO school before I got the ROTC scholarship. So pardon me, but I have grown up in high speed low drag AO's my entire life. I might only be 18 but I have grown up in a military life style. Now I'm just trying to help this man out by passing down my prior knowledge of this subject. So please lets stay on the current subject and if you want to argue with me pleas do it over a private msg.
I knew you'd write back... Private message?? Won't happen... I would never want to give you the wrong impression... I wasn't arguing I just told you I thought it was funny. What I do think is interesting is that given your extreme military background you lack the discipline to control your emotions in confrontational situations.

Just remember - wear your own rank... hehe

-Fireball

Last edited by Fireball; 07-21-2008 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
I knew you'd write back... Private message?? Won't happen... I would never want to give you the wrong impression... I wasn't arguing I just told you I thought it was funny. What I do think is interesting is that given your extreme military background you lack the discipline to control your emotions in confrontational situations.

Just remember - wear your own rank... hehe
I didn't get emotional I just set you straight. I'm going to give you some helpful advice here. One speak of what you know and not of what you don't, and two Stay in your lane. Ie if you don't have anything to say about the subject at hand don't say anything at all. This man dose not want to here our bickering in this thread that was created for him seeking information. Oh btw my rank is equivalent to a E-5.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
I didn't get emotional I just set you straight. I'm going to give you some helpful advice here. One speak of what you know and not of what you don't, and two Stay in your lane. Ie if you don't have anything to say about the subject at hand don't say anything at all. This man dose not want to here our bickering in this thread that was created for him seeking information. Oh btw my rank is equivalent to a E-5.
Well, like most guys... I never mind being a little crooked. It doesn't hinder my abilities to shoot straight when needed. Helpful advice huh? That would appear to be relative...

As for me, I will stay in my lane & I am always happy to be... but the problem is you are driving too slow in it. LOL

My rank will always be higher than yours will ever be... I am a mother. In your mind you may be that equivalent, but the Army doesn't recognize you as a Soldier... yet... so I guess we'll both be staying in our lane.

-Fireball

Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Sergeant

Exclamation

Wow, Fireball, I am thinking your undies may be too high up your butt.

Sorry, I just found this thread very offensive {by you}, unless I have exhaustion hitting me hard, I think your remarks were a tad bit over the top, and quite frankly, I didn't realize PM'ing someone = wrong impression.

And how will your rank be higher than scconwill's related to being a mother?

Lighten up Fireball, and yank the panties out sweetie. Sheesh!!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Well, like most guys... I never mind being a little crooked. It doesn't hinder my abilities to shoot straight when needed. Helpful advice huh? That would appear to be relative...

As for me, I will stay in my lane & I am always happy to be... but the problem is you are driving too slow in it. LOL

My rank will always be higher than yours will ever be... I am a mother. In your mind you may be that equivalent, but the Army doesn't recognize you as a Soldier... yet... so I guess we'll both be staying in our lane.
When I accepted the Army ROTC scholarship I had to sign a contract with the U.S. Army. I signed a contract for 10 years (4 of witch I will serve while in college and the other 6 in the Active Army, National Guard, or Reserves). I received scholarship money, book money, living expenses, and a monthly payment that is equivalent to that of a E-5 in the reserves. I PT with my battalion every day, I participate in field training exercises, plus my duties with in the battalion. All of this coped with the fact that I am taking 15 hours a week of class and working 2 part-time jobs. I am a investment of the Army's and in there eyes I am just as much of a soldier as the rest of the Army if not better because the have hand selected me to be a leader. I hold responsibilities greater or equal to that of soldiers in the field now. I am not saying I am above anybody or below anybody, but I am a vital member of a team. I take in great offense when you say stuff like that. You have just spit in the face of every cadet in the United States Army Cadet Corps. I apologize if I have offended you in any way. If you have anything else bad to say about me or the Corps of Cadets or me in general I strongly urge you to keep it to your self.