armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: The best IFV
Warrior (british) 4 25.00%
Bradley (US) 7 43.75%
Dardo (Italy) 2 12.50%
Pandur (Austria) 0 0%
CV90 (Sweden) 1 6.25%
VAB (France) 0 0%
Rooikat (south africa) 0 0%
Puma (Germany) 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj100 View Post
It must come from Iran or/and Syria........the know how i would have throught would be as you say behond your average insurgent

Anyway for anyone who wants a look.........[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEDs[/url]
Good Article jrj...... Syria has the skillsets and so does Iran.... either way, its important to recognise the expertise that is growing in the fabrication of Roadside bombs.... The training once given to these guys gets a life of their own, and destruction is the end result.... Border closure is a start for its control......

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 11-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Good Article jrj...... Syria has the skillsets and so does Iran.... either way, its important to recognise the expertise that is growing in the fabrication of Roadside bombs.... The training once given to these guys gets a life of their own, and destruction is the end result.... Border closure is a start for its control......

A great idea on paper Exo......but how many troops do you think would be required to secure the boared most allied armies are at breaking point with current deployments....i might be wrong but i think the closure of the border isnt that realistic....unless all UN countries took part......i doubt the members would buy the idea ......what do you think

Old 11-12-2006, 03:09 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
A great idea on paper Exo......but how many troops do you think would be required to secure the boared most allied armies are at breaking point with current deployments....i might be wrong but i think the closure of the border isnt that realistic....unless all UN countries took part......i doubt the members would buy the idea ......what do you think
Not with the current strategy US have on Iraq.... I think 40000 border troops would do it, but peace enforcement under UN mandate by NATO would be preferable.... US would have to make considerable changes for full contribution by countries....

Old 11-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Brigadier General

hmh.. me thinks the the swedes have too much Macgyver in this
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi1Jb4mzj9U"]commercial[/URL] about the cv90

Old 11-16-2006, 04:13 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi1Jb4mzj9U"]commercial[/URL] about the cv90
lol... sure do....

Old 11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Top AV.....i like the 3 stage loading bay........40mm gun sounds good........whats its armour protection like?????

Old 11-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Top AV.....i like the 3 stage loading bay........40mm gun sounds good........whats its armour protection like?????
thats classified

Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

the armour piecing round give it extra punch......most British fighting vehicles are armed with a 30mm cannon.....so taking the CV90s gun up to 40mm can only be a good thing

Old 11-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
the armour piecing round give it extra punch......most British fighting vehicles are armed with a 30mm cannon.....so taking the CV90s gun up to 40mm can only be a good thing
we actually use the 30mm Bushmaster II autocannon
instead of the Swedish Borfors 40mm.. we favor
the rate of fire over the caliber.. and more ammonition to carry.
its said that the bushmaster is a bit easier to maintain and repair than the Borfors 40mm.

[URL="http://tietokannat.mil.fi/kalustoesittely/media/1112876691_CV9030.JPG"]CV9030FIN[/URL] here.. is our version. its turret is done here in Finland at Patria Factories.. while
the vehicle it self is made in Sweden.
looks a bit different from the [URL="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Cv90_8.jpg"]original[/URL]..

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 11-19-2006 at 01:11 PM..

Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
we actually use the 30mm Bushmaster II autocannon
instead of the Swedish Borfors 40mm.. we favor
the rate of fire over the caliber.. and more ammonition to carry.
its said that the bushmaster is a bit easier to maintain and repair than the Borfors 40mm.

[URL="http://tietokannat.mil.fi/kalustoesittely/media/1112876691_CV9030.JPG"]CV9030FIN[/URL] here.. is our version. its turret is done here in Finland at Patria Factories.. while
the vehicle it self is made in Sweden.
looks a bit different from the [URL="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Cv90_8.jpg"]original[/URL]..
We use the bofors extensively in Air Defence and Naval Defence... There a reliable weapon... any downside to the new gun you got Torps??...