armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Harrington
Default physical condition

Should I stop lifting weights as much, and focous more on push-ups.. because I figure it'd be better to not have huge muscles in combat, to lower your profile.. but have just as much or even more endurance/strength

Old 09-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

my friend is a meaty ****er and he was first back in the 1 and a half mile run for the 2 day selection for royal signals
so you can do both together but not as big as those ''strongest men in the world '' people

Old 09-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Recruit

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

But from what i can tell coming first isnt necesseraly the best thing, im no expert but they seem to have a strong "if one fails, everyone fails" policy.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:08 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrington
Should I stop lifting weights as much, and focous more on push-ups.. because I figure it'd be better to not have huge muscles in combat, to lower your profile.. but have just as much or even more endurance/strength
You pretty much answered your own question here. Unless you are really huge, keep on lifting. You are required to fit into a uniform without alterations/tailoring and meet AR 670-1 uniform and appearance regs.

But as you stated, work on endurance as much as possible, also. You will need it for the Physical Fitness portion of your training.
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---

Old 10-01-2005, 10:20 PM
palenial_arewesten07

Question I can't find...

I can't find some info on this website that says the physical requirements for basic traing. Can somebody tell me. You'd be helping me alot. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:10 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

This site will give you what you're looking for.

[url="http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/docs.html"]http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/docs.html[/url][url="http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/docs.html"][/url]
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---