armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Recruit

Angry I know where a Fugitive from Army is located.

Daniel Hunt whom was awaiting court marshal for going AWOL is once again AWOL. All that I know about where he was stationed, it was a base in New York. He is back where he was when he was originally AWOL, at his wife's mother's house in Cincinnati Ohio, in Union Township.

I am aware that the proper way to turn someone in for being AWOL is that you are suppose to contact the local police department, but I was told that when Daniel was AWOL before others attempted to inform the Union Township police department and were told by the department that hey had better things to do then deal with someone who was AWOL.

I can not even believe that the Army would have allowed this "Man" to be left alone to the point where he could just walk away from his base while awaiting a Court marshal.

Please, someone pass this information to the proper authorities so that this punk can face the repercussions for his actions.

Last edited by Grimm; 10-08-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Do Not Post Home Addresses

Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Staff Sergeant

1st of all what makes you the judge of his character? Do you know him? Do you know what he did?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boys66 View Post
1st of all what makes you the judge of his character? Do you know him? Do you know what he did?
He's AWOL. That's good enough for me.

RC, maybe try contacting the DOD?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Brigadier General

In a short while he'll be listed as a deserter.

Try calling the Army and/or the FBI. The FBI could at least give you guidance as to who you should notify. If he crossed state lines to avoid prosecution then the FBI might be interested in pursuing him.

He should be brought to justice for his original charge & now he'll have a new one to contend with.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Sergeant

I'm surprised more don't go AWOL. Its not as if they are protecting their country in Iraq and Afghanistan is it. They're being conned and left to rot......We shud just leeve now and stop getting killed over there.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

For as frustrating as the situation is - you should not be posting locations on the internet. Go about this the right way or contact your local army installation. Army.com isn't the right chain and you know that. All you can do is give the information to the property authorities. What they do with the information is their business...

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Default Do Not Post personal information

I think we have gone over this before but Do Not Post Peoples Personal Information! If this soldier is AWOL then please contact the authorities.

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral David Farragut

Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by js mac View Post
I'm surprised more don't go AWOL. Its not as if they are protecting their country in Iraq and Afghanistan is it. They're being conned and left to rot......We shud just leeve now and stop getting killed over there.
Most who have enlisted did so while we were at war in Iraq & Afghanistan & knew they'd be there sooner or later. Most who have enlisted during wartime did so willingly & in my son's case because we were at war. By the way he did five deployments to both Iraq & Afghanistan & truly believes we belong there & is willing to go back again.

If you don't think the war on terrorism isn't worth it then you certainly have forgotten 9/11/01. A week after that the President announced we would fight terrorism any where it was found & for as long as it takes. Polls showed that over 90% of the American people agreed with that. They must have forgotten the "as long as it takes" part as you obviously did. To leave Iraq now would be to turn more of the Mideast into terrorist havens. To leave Afghanistan would be to give Osama a free pass. To me that's a plain out & out surrender & that's not what or young warriors were taught.

Bottom line - we're killing a whole lot more of them than they are of us. To keep it in perspective we lost more men on the first five minutes of D Day, June 6 1944 than we've lost in the whole war on terrorism including 9/11.

And how can you say that our service persons are being conned. Are you another one that thinks our fighting men are stupid & don't know there's a war going on when they enlist & they'll be put in harm's way? A young person who thinks that would be too stupid to even pass the ASVAB.

You've just demeaned the whole military establishment of the U.S. & I take great offense of that. I didn't spend 27 years in the military to surrender when things aren't going exactly right, especially now that we've really started kicking butt. My son just lost a fellow Ranger in Iraq, a close friend of his. His resolve is just as great as ever to keep the pressure on. He's still thinking about coming out of the Reserve & going back to being a Ranger. Do you actually believe he's being conned?

By the way - the person that this thread is the subject of went AWOL because he had a court martial & was trying to dodge justice,. No where did I read he went AWOL because of the war. He's just another criminal on the lam.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Staff Sergeant

Terrorism is a word! How do you go to war with a word?

Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Private First Class

People don't know whats happening in these countries really and our young men are dying for nothing other than greed. We are creating more enemies all the time with our actions in other peoples countries.

And did you never wonder why you are always at war? What would happen if we just left these other countries to it and let them please themselves for a change. Why do we feel the need to pretend to spread democracy when America isn't a Democracy.

Tags
awol, court marshal, fugitive