armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Recruit

Send a message via Yahoo to Nikkid1109
Unhappy Husband has to do a 1 yr tour in Kuwait

Hello all,

I need some advice and help with this matter. My husband has to do a hardship tour in Kuwait, they are telling him that he couldn't sign a statement of declaration and that he has no choice of duty station after this. We are stationed at a Air Force Base in Florida, this is a hurricane prone area where we had to evacuate on several occasions. I refuse to be here alone with three children having to evacuate. Some of the Air Force Spouses told me that I should be able to move home (Germany) at the Army's expense and technically my husband should have duty station of choice after Kuwait.
Does anyone know what the spouses rights are?

I appreciate any help and suggestions

Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Private First Class

Though the army is a little differnt then the AF it basically works the same all the politcially red tape crap, technically he doesn't have a choice of duty station after his tour in Kuwait, unless he has some specail document in writing would be the only chance, and no the AF will not pay for you to move back to Germany while he is gone, maybe somewhere in state but not that far, but check into it to make sure but I know for sure the Army wouldn't do something like that at all.

"Greater love hath no man then this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13