armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com Games > America's Army Game
User Name
Password

Old 10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Recruit

Default ini file

I cannot get this game to play. First, I had an older version of DirectX which I updated, now I get a message telling me that I have to delete my armyops.ini file, which I'll be danged if I can find it, much less delete it. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do here. This game looks cool, I also like "Delta Force"...I also have "Delta Force II", but I cant play it, because my computer is too slow (bought it in 2000, had to crash it a few times, Windows 98 SE2)...My son is in the army with the 3/321 FAR, is supposed to be going to Iraq in about a month or so, turret gunner (gee, he should be safe there, huh?) I'm USCG vet...found the site by accident and downloaded the game, but still cannot play it after 2-1/2 hours of download....emailed customer service/tech support, they finally got back to me after a week...said, "We received your message and forwarded it on to SWGAS (someone who gives a shucks)...so I don't know if I'll ever get to play. If I can't get it going by next week, it's deleted...history...finito...done...gone...'

But I'd sure like to try it, cool screenshots. Anyway, if anyone can tell me how to get past the ini issue, and whatever other problems I may encounter, please get back to me.

By the way, how come we can take an 18 or 19 year old, give him 9 weeks of basic and 16 weeks of advanced training, send him off to Iraq, fully trained and able to deal with any situation thrown at him....but in over 2 years can't get an Iraqi soldier qualified to defend his own country???? That seems weird to me.

Captain Bob

Old 11-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Private First Class

Default good questions

if you'r comp is bad u might not want to wast you'r time cuz lag has a major affect on the game with slow or even average comps. i can barly play cuz of lag