armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Education
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default W.O. School

How old can I be to try for warrant officer school and are there waivers if I am to old also how long do I have to be in to apply for it. I think this is the route I want to go if I stay in for a good priod of time.do you have to be a certain rank or have certain requirements to do this

Old 07-21-2008, 09:26 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty32 View Post
How old can I be to try for warrant officer school and are there waivers if I am to old also how long do I have to be in to apply for it. I think this is the route I want to go if I stay in for a good priod of time.do you have to be a certain rank or have certain requirements to do this
I have worked with a bunch of warrant officers It's a real high speed low drag AO. Here is the best information I can give you. First off go here [url]http://www.goarmy.com/about/warrant_officer.jsp[/url] and read about it and see if you really want to be a warrant officer. Second go to your local Army Recruiter. You half to score pretty high on most of the test so start studying. If you have any questions just hit me back.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Captain

[url]http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOoverview.html#l1[/url]

That website gives you all the exact information about how to become a warrant officer, it tells you what fields they need them in and all the prerequisites and waivers. Some things are waiverable and some are not.

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
I have worked with a bunch of warrant officers It's a real high speed low drag AO. Here is the best information I can give you. First off go here [url]http://www.goarmy.com/about/warrant_officer.jsp[/url] and read about it and see if you really want to be a warrant officer. Second go to your local Army Recruiter. You half to score pretty high on most of the test so start studying. If you have any questions just hit me back.
LOL sorry I just have to laugh... given your experience level in the Army I am sure you you've seen a lot of real "high speed low drag AO" stuff...

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
LOL sorry I just have to laugh... given your experience level in the Army I am sure you you've seen a lot of real "high speed low drag AO" stuff...
Lets see here I work with 3 CW4's, My uncle is a CW5, My father is a Retired paratrooper (MAJ), 2 of my AI's at UNA were former Ranger Black Hats, I'm currently on a Ranger Challenge team, I come form 4 generations of Infantry men, and I was looking into applying for WO school before I got the ROTC scholarship. So pardon me, but I have grown up in high speed low drag AO's my entire life. I might only be 18 but I have grown up in a military life style. Now I'm just trying to help this man out by passing down my prior knowledge of this subject. So please lets stay on the current subject and if you want to argue with me pleas do it over a private msg.

Last edited by scconwill; 07-21-2008 at 09:42 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Lets see here I work with 3 CW4's, My uncle is a CW5, My father is a Retired paratrooper (MAJ), 2 of my AI's at UNA were former Ranger Black Hats, I'm currently on a Ranger Challenge team, I come form 4 generations of Infantry men, and I was looking into applying for WO school before I got the ROTC scholarship. So pardon me, but I have grown up in high speed low drag AO's my entire life. I might only be 18 but I have grown up in a military life style. Now I'm just trying to help this man out by passing down my prior knowledge of this subject. So please lets stay on the current subject and if you want to argue with me pleas do it over a private msg.
I knew you'd write back... Private message?? Won't happen... I would never want to give you the wrong impression... I wasn't arguing I just told you I thought it was funny. What I do think is interesting is that given your extreme military background you lack the discipline to control your emotions in confrontational situations.

Just remember - wear your own rank... hehe

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Last edited by Fireball; 07-21-2008 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I knew you'd write back... Private message?? Won't happen... I would never want to give you the wrong impression... I wasn't arguing I just told you I thought it was funny. What I do think is interesting is that given your extreme military background you lack the discipline to control your emotions in confrontational situations.

Just remember - wear your own rank... hehe
I didn't get emotional I just set you straight. I'm going to give you some helpful advice here. One speak of what you know and not of what you don't, and two Stay in your lane. Ie if you don't have anything to say about the subject at hand don't say anything at all. This man dose not want to here our bickering in this thread that was created for him seeking information. Oh btw my rank is equivalent to a E-5.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
2 of my AI's at UNA were former Ranger Black Hats
You've got your phraseology mixed up a bit, Samuel. Rangers wear Tan Berets & "Black Hats" are instructors in Airborne School.

There was a time I think about 10 or so years ago when Rangers of the 75th Regt. wore Black Berets while nobody but SF & Airborne wore berets. There was also a short time, before I was in the Army, where Armor wore Black Berets. Now of course everyone else wears the black beret.

I was proud of my Maroon Beret but now some of the meaning of the whole beret system has been watered down.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
You've got your phraseology mixed up a bit, Samuel. Rangers wear Tan Berets & "Black Hats" are instructors in Airborne School.

There was a time I think about 10 or so years ago when Rangers of the 75th Regt. wore Black Berets while nobody but SF & Airborne wore berets. There was also a short time, before I was in the Army, where Armor wore Black Berets. Now of course everyone else wears the black beret.

I was proud of my Maroon Beret but now some of the meaning of the whole beret system has been watered down.
You have got to remember these NCO's are in their Mid 60's

Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post

I thought that was the case before. I didn't remember everyone in the Army wearing berets. Honestly I thought only the Green Berets actually wore them. Obviously I was wrong.