armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Private

Default Irr mob

It's my third day at Ft. Jackson. As another blogger posted, after a couple of weeks here, I'll be going for another two weeks of MOS refresher training at my MOS instalation (Infantry - Ft. Benning). I anticipate getting my "real" orders at that time. We'll see. I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistasgt View Post
It's my third day at Ft. Jackson. As another blogger posted, after a couple of weeks here, I'll be going for another two weeks of MOS refresher training at my MOS instalation (Infantry - Ft. Benning). I anticipate getting my "real" orders at that time. We'll see. I'll keep everyone posted.
Good luck to ya, soldier.

There might be a slim possibility that you might meet my son at Benning. He left active duty as a SGT in the 3rd Ranger Batt & is now an instructor in the Reserve. He was told that there was a good chance that instead of instucting Infantry OSUT they might be uptraining & MOSQing called up 11B Reservists. He doesn't know what increment he'll be in yet & he might go to Instructor School instead. He's qualified to be a weapons instructor being a Ranger NCO so they might waive school until later in the year.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Private

Default been at benning for 23 days

so much for refresher training, most guys here get more drinking and party training than anything else. went to a couple ranges, did a 30 minute land nav course and watch countless power point slides. HOOAH, guess i'm ready to go. I realized one of the Army's great perks, dirt cheap beer. tomorrow we are scheduled to go to camp shelby, not sure what from there.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Private

Default ft. jackson

Been here for a week and some change. Doing the same thing that you're doing in Benning (minus drinking). Got issued M16 and went to the range today. We're supposed to go to Benning by the end of the week. We'll see.

Last edited by vistasgt; 04-28-2009 at 04:27 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Recruit

Default Any News??

Hi everyone
My Son is with the 1/221 Cav I have enjoyed reading the posts but haven't seen anything new, How is everyone??