armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Recruit

Default Mission? Camp Attlebury?

Hey guys, Im an IST from Virginia...does anyone know anything about our mission? and is anyone on here going to camp attlebury? ill be out in vegas april 5th for SRP so if any of you are gonna be there too ill see ya out there!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Recruit

Default Irr

Scooby, Thanks for the update, Let me know what they say!

SGT13F-- Thanks for the update for what to expect. I was never told about going back to Knox for any MOS training, or that it would be 2 weeks at both places. I would assume that when we complete the MOA training we wil then recieve our final orders for who we are attached to. I hear someone say it will be a 9 month deployment? true? does that start when i hit Jackson on 3 may? or when i have boot on the ground in Afghan? Great information, please keep posting so i can update my family.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Private

Default affiliation bonus

i talked to a national guard recruiter today and she is going to try to get me the 2 year stabilization when i get back from this mobilization. i'm considering signing a 3 year contract for 10k and when i have boots on ground i will get the bonus money , or at least half of it and the rest in installments. 6 more days till fort benning, i ran the Capitol 10,000 race in Austin today. 6.2 miles in 52 minutes, pretty good for no running all year long.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Recruit

Wink Camp Atterbury

i'm one of the IRR recalls out here at Camp Atterbury, assigned to the 1/221, waiting on the unit to get here. i'm one of the three Ranger tab guys, there are 23 of us total, all 11b combat infantry vets. does anyone know when the 1/221 gets here to Atterbury?? they told us April 19th....with this whole IRR nonsense, i've learned to not believe anything 'til it happens!lol if you have any questions about the IRR, feel free to ask me. i reported back into the Army on feb 22, and my orders have changed 4 times in just over a month!!! i was originally assigned to the 32nd IN BCT, and my orders had me going to Iraq. i reported to Benning, had orders from there to Camp Blanding, then to Camp Shelby, and now i'm here at Camp Atterbury, waiting to go to Afghanistan!!! All i can do is laugh about this mess! i've found out WAY more about what's going on from google and army.com, than i have from the actual army!!!

if you have questions, you can email me too, i check that more often
[email]tommybanister@gmail.com[/email]

Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Private

Default 1/221 Cav

From what I gathered, I guess I should just expect the unexpected. My orders say to go to Ft. Jackson on the 19th and then link up with the 1/221 Cav after a few weeks of refresher training. I'm one of the IRR guys, as well. Been out for 3 years. Did my time in Iraq. Infantry man. I guess we'll just have to see.

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Recruit

Talking Headed with you...

Well I'm with Bravo Battery 1/118th FAR Georgia Guard. Myself and about 40 others have been assigned with 1/221 CAV (unknown troop) to aid in the reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan. We are reporting to Atterberry on the 24th to SRP and Mob. We don't really know much about whats going to happen to us but we expect a lot. We have been on pre-mob since 20 Jan with a rotation in JRTC and are ready to get this party started. Our brigade was in Iraq in 2005-2006 and it went very well. Any further info will be great. [email]john.paul.harris@us.army.mil[/email] is my addy and hope to hear from somebody soon. Thanks

Old 04-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Recruit

Greetings! I am the squadron operations officer for CAV. Questions concerning deployment with 1-221 cav can be directed to me at 702.493.4899.

Allons, Wildhorse 3

Old 04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Private

Default at benning crc

i have been at the crc at benning for a few weeks now. what are the chances i will get more orders before i leave that will be for nevada national guard. where are you guys at right now, how much more training before the deployment. are the bradleys going

Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Private

Default Nevada National Guard

I"m on my way to Ft. Jackson today. I'm hoping they'll tell me so I can tell my family some concrete piece of news. I'll keep folks posted. Thanks.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Private

Default God's Speed to you all

I may or may not see you guys there, still do not have an answer from HRC on my DD & E case. Called 3 weeks ago to follow up and they told me someone would contact me within 48 hours...

Still waiting... Good luck to all if I don't see you there, know I will be praying for you. Scoobydusky.