armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Recruit

Default scared..

ok i know im kinda young to be asking this question but i have only 2 years till i can join im scared for t2 reasons
1 i wont have the grades(im trying to improve them) i may not make it fo medical reason
@i may screw up i n boot camp
@i might break down during boot camp and get discharged

should i be worried

Old 01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
ok i know im kinda young to be asking this question but i have only 2 years till i can join im scared for t2 reasons
1 i wont have the grades(im trying to improve them) i may not make it fo medical reason
@i may screw up i n boot camp
@i might break down during boot camp and get discharged

should i be worried
No. You have enough to worry about than what you have no control over.

As far as your grades go study ! Don't try to improve your grades -make it happen!
If you have now or had in the past any medical conditions that you think may disqualify you from enlisting then now is the time to start checking things out.

Why would you screw up in bootcamp? Start preparing yourself. Start doing running, pushups, situps, & pullups. Get yourself physically fit for basic.

What makes you feel you'll break down? Millions have gone before you successfully. You'll be with a whole bunch of guys exactly in the same boat as you. In 2 years you'll mature more. There's a big difference between 15-16 year olds & 17-18 year olds.

If you want to go in the Army bad enough then you'll be exactly where you want to be.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Staff Sergeant

You're only 15/16 you still have a lot of time to decide what career path you want.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Recruit

well i dont know if these medical reasons would et me kicked out
1 when i was six i got in a car wreck and jammed my shin bone in to my neecap it really dont hurt anymore
2 i used to have asthma
3i have adhd but am not currently on medication for it
yhat do you all think

Old 01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
well i dont know if these medical reasons would et me kicked out
1 when i was six i got in a car wreck and jammed my shin bone in to my neecap it really dont hurt anymore
2 i used to have asthma
3i have adhd but am not currently on medication for it
yhat do you all think
Lad, thats a question for a recruiter, I tried for you on

[url]http://www.goarmy.com/ChatWithStar.do[/url]

but I reccomend you phone a real one, and when he tries to talk you down to his office for a meeting, ask him the 3 direct questions;

1. I used to have asthma, does this bar me from joining the army?
2. I was in a car crash when I was 6 and my shine into my knee, its ok now, would this bar me from joining the army?
3. I currently have adhd, and am meds for it, would this bar me from joining the army?

If he says comon down, then its not dead in the water, write all your questions on career, MOS, training concerns, etc and go to him. Remember they are like used car salesmen and will try to guide you into a slot that they wanna fill, not whats best for you. However, dont get too excited if he says comon down, cos I know the Irish Army would not consider you medically fit for active service, but the US Army is different.. just dont get excited about it until youve passed a medical...

And remember, if you dont make it cos of your injuiries, and past medical conditions, youre a hero in my book for overcoming your own personal obstacles so young and wanting to volunteer for service in a time of war for your country!!...

Exo

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"