armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2009, 02:54 AM
Brigadier General

Default North Korea 'fires more missiles'

North Korea has fired two more missiles, hours after the UN Security Council unanimously condemned its nuclear test, South Korean reports say.

The communist state fired two short-range missiles off an east coast base, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported, citing an official.
The move came as UN diplomats began work on a resolution to punish North Korea for its underground nuclear test.
Diplomats said they were seeking "tough measures", including further sanctions.
At least three missile tests accompanied Monday's nuclear test. Those on Tuesday involved one ground-to-ship missile and one ground-to-air missile, Yonhap said.

Earlier, North Korea, in a statement carried by its official news agency KCNA, said it was clear America's "hostile policy" towards it had not changed.

Our army and people are fully ready for battle... against any reckless US attempt for a pre-emptive attack," it said in a piece criticising US moves to relocate its fighter jets.
South Korea, meanwhile, announced it would become a full member of a US-led initiative aimed at controlling trafficking in weapons of mass destruction, despite warnings from Pyongyang
Late on Monday US President Barack Obama spoke to the leaders of both Japan and South Korea to assure them of America's commitment to security in Northeast Asia.
The conversations followed an emergency session of the UN Security Council, where members voiced strong opposition to the test and condemned it.
Russia's UN envoy told reporters the nuclear test was a clear violation of UN Resolution 1718. That resolution imposed sanctions on North Korea after its first nuclear test, in October 2006
The UK's Ambassador to the UN, Sir John Sawers, explained that the Council had decided to act in two stages, first issuing a statement "strongly condemning and opposing what the North Koreans have done by carrying out this second nuclear test".

"And we decided to start work immediately on a further Security Council resolution in order to uphold the international peace and security in the region," he added.
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 05-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Brigadier General

So what happens now?....China will veto any plans for sanctions and the checking of shipments to N.Korea.

What difference would searching cargo make anyway?...I will bet my last pound China are sending weapons across the border

كافر

Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Brigadier General

You're right. Stalemate. Nothing we can do short of an invasion which a lot of countries wouldn't agree to because it would be vetoed in the UN by China.

Maybe there can be a terrible "accident" at N. Korea's nuclear facility.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
You're right. Stalemate. Nothing we can do short of an invasion which a lot of countries wouldn't agree to because it would be vetoed in the UN by China.

Maybe there can be a terrible "accident" at N. Korea's nuclear facility.
The umper lumper running N.Korea thinks it gives him a card to play at the negotiation table...the truth is it will work in the opposite way.Hes had too many K9 omelets I think.I bet the South Koreans and the Japs are really happy with this latest test.

The UN is a joke....time to rip it up and start again.The veto system needs to be scraped.

" A terrible accident"?...yeah...Have you guys got any B-2s sat on the tarmac doing nothing?

كافر

Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
" A terrible accident"?...yeah...Have you guys got any B-2s sat on the tarmac doing nothing?
Cruise missiles work better or maybe have someone sneak in with a man-portable "suitcase" weapon. Although both of the above can be detected. B-2s are a lot harder to be found encroaching on sovereign territory. The only trouble witha stealth bomber is as soon as you open the bomb bay doors they're detectable by radar. By that time it's time to say "oh schit" by the people at the target site but a remote radar station would have a record of the intrusion. No deniability there.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Cruise missiles work better or maybe have someone sneak in with a man-portable "suitcase" weapon. Although both of the above can be detected. B-2s are a lot harder to be found encroaching on sovereign territory. The only trouble witha stealth bomber is as soon as you open the bomb bay doors they're detectable by radar. By that time it's time to say "oh schit" by the people at the target site but a remote radar station would have a record of the intrusion. No deniability there.
Does the B-2 light up fully when the bay doors are open?...Does it lose a good proportion of its stealth.What its signature like when it deploys weapons?

Damn Im starting to sound like a spy...Classified information!!!(sorry)

Theres problem also with missiles is that they can be IDed....Tomahawks are no good...the US/UK would definitely get the blame

Thats it..its bomb in a briefcase time

Maybe the UN might shock everyone and actually get something done.(a day before never)

كافر