armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 03-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Private

Default who knows about the nevada national guard? i just received mobilization orders

i have been in the irr for two years now and was scheduled to get out sep of next year and i just received mobilization order for 1/221 cavalry that deploys to afghanistan at the end of april. is anyone in the nevada national guard here?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Private

Sorry wish i could help you out, but I know nothing about the nevada national guard. spend did all my time as active duty. But if you ain't cav, you ain't ****. glad to see another cav person here.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Recruit

Default im in the same boat!

ive been out for four years. i also got orders to link up with this nat. gaurd unit. anyone have to report to ft. jackson on arpil 19th?

Old 03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Private

Default Nevada Army Guard’s 1st Squadron/221st Cavalry

Hey All,

I found this on the Nevada National Guard website. Looks like they're gearing up for a Spring deployment.

Same as you guys, I"m to report to Fort Jackson on April 19 then I go to Las Vegas to link up with the Nevada National Guard. The word is that this unit is set to deploy late April. I'm not sure what we'd be doing if I'll be in SC in late April.

Any thoughts?

[url]http://www.nv.ngb.army.mil/[/url]

Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Private

Default I got IRR MOB orders also

I've been out for 4 years to the date that I got Mobilization Orders, the day we got home from the hospital with our 2nd child. I am to report 03MAY09 and attached to 221 AR BN 01 BN TANK CA out of Las Vegas. That's propbably where yall will be too since teh CAV left already. Its looking like all the 19Delta's attached to this unit will be a little out of practice, huh?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Private

Default the cavalry left already?

online it says they will leave late april. i am an 11bravo and the unit has bradleys so we'll see .

Old 03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Recruit

Wink 221 cav???

well i'm not cav, so i guess i ain't ****

but i did graduated ranger school, with a cav scout and i do remember him being squared away though. i'm an 11b (airborne ranger type) and i know nothing about cav scouts, and this morning i got orders to report to camp atterbury up in indiana, to meet up with and be assigned to 1/221 hht, so i guess i'm going back to afghanistan w/ya'll? what do cav scouts do?? the last two times i went to afghanistan i was with the 3rd ranger battalion and we rolled to the objectives in blackhawks or humvees to mostly conduct kill or capture missions/raids and planted bugs in the houses of the higher ranking al queda dudes to collect intel. i'm just wondering what type of missions the cav scouts will be doing over there? i've been out for about 2 years and got involuntarily reactivated but i'm definitely looking forward to deploying with you guys and coming back home with the same number we leave with!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Private

Thumbs up two missions for the unit i read online

one is to provide security for the reconstruction efforts and the other is to conduct combat infantry missions in the laghman province.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Recruit

Default Wish I Knew More

I'm glad I stumbled upon this page with fellow scouts. I also got recalled to the service after 4+ years and am set to report to Ft. Jackson on 19Apr attached to the 1-221 CAV. After having so much time to accept the fact of the recall I guess I'm at ease now, but I am still in the dark about what to expect. I'm doing my best now to catch up on past skills as to not let any of you down out there. See you all soon.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Private

Default i'm going on a road march in the hills tomorrow

got my old assault pack and will hike it through the woods in austin, tx tomorrow. hooahhh