armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to tnkssngr
Default New to this site.

My husband went back into the army after being out for 12 yrs. He was sent to Korea and I am home just waiting. We will be moving to OK in October and I was hoping to find a place to meet some people from there before we arrive. Not sure how to go about it, though. We weren't together when he was in the first time, so I'm not sure what to expect. My first experience with army life is my husband leaving me. I sure hope it gets better. If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae
Red face well welcome!

Glad you could join us.. i'm new to the site myself and have found everyone to be very welcoming. I'm from OK! What part are you going ot be headed to? We are very friendly and down to earth people out here so i doubt you will have any trouble finding people to hang out with. Don't stress about the lifestyle. It gets easier..... Find things to occupy your time... if you are busy not only will the time go by a lot more quickly, but you won't feel quite as lonely. Take up a hobby, if you don't work maybe get a job.... just remember to be strong! The time will pass, he will come home, and all will be well! If you need someone to talk, or just want an opinion on OK just give me a shout!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to tnkssngr

Hey, thanks for the nice welcome. We will be moving to Ft. Sill. I keep pretty busy, I have 3 kids to help with that. My problem is I'm pretty quiet and it's not easy for me to make new friends. I was just hoping to get a head start on that.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Captain

Welcome! One thing that I would advise it to get involved with something when you get to Fort Sill. Not sure how old your kids are but just get involved. Kids keep us busy for sure but make sure you take time for you. One great way to get to know other people when you get to a new installation is to take classes called Army Family Team Building. Most installations will pay for your childcare when you attend these classes. The classes are basic introductions to the Army and it's a great way to meet other people who are going through the same thing you are.

Get involved and you'll start to create a little network of friends. Good luck!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Brigadier General

Welcome to the site...hope you enjoy
Army girl would be the one to listen to
Good luck
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkssngr View Post
Hey, thanks for the nice welcome. We will be moving to Ft. Sill. I keep pretty busy, I have 3 kids to help with that. My problem is I'm pretty quiet and it's not easy for me to make new friends. I was just hoping to get a head start on that.

Armygirl is right with her advice. Your husband should be receiving information in his AKO about getting a sponsor or he will get that when he gets to the replacement company at Fort Sill. Fort Sill is a training base so alot of crazy privates running around lol. Once he gets to his unit, the FRG will reach out to you and welcome you and give you the whole lowdown. They will ask for your email and keep you up-to-date with unit's events and activities. Welcome to the Army Family!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 AM
General of the Armies

Welcome to the site Tnks, hope you enjoy our crazy debates and hope to see your contris soon..

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"