armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via AIM to PaganAngel Send a message via MSN to PaganAngel
Default Visitations and Passes?

I dont know if this is the right place to post this...

My cousin and 'bf' are in AIT in Fort Sam Houston. How do visitations and passes work? My cousin is in the National Guard, so he comes home after AIT. But my 'bf' goes to airborne school for two weeks in GA after. Im not sure what he does after that- if he can go home or if he goes straight to his first stationing! So Im curious how visitations work... whether hes in AIT or on another post or in OCS. Suggestions?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganAngel View Post

My cousin and 'bf' are in AIT in Fort Sam Houston. How do visitations and passes work? My cousin is in the National Guard, so he comes home after AIT. But my 'bf' goes to airborne school for two weeks in GA after. Im not sure what he does after that- if he can go home or if he goes straight to his first stationing! So Im curious how visitations work... whether hes in AIT or on another post or in OCS. Suggestions?
After Airborne school he will most likely have an opportunity to take some leave. That will be up to him and his commander since he won't have that much leave earned. Once he is at his permanent duty station, you can visit him whenever, just keep in mind his work schedule and he may not always have time off. But typically the duty day is from 0630-1700 (5 p.m). Now keep in mind training schedules and other things so he may be home later or not at all.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:06 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
But my 'bf' goes to airborne school for two weeks in GA after. Im not sure what he does after that- if he can go home or if he goes straight to his first stationing! So Im curious how visitations work... whether hes in AIT or on another post or in OCS. Suggestions?
I think my bf is doing airborne too. But I'm not sure! Haha

Old 04-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Sergeant First Class

XD really!? Hmm. Can they request where they are stationed?

I dont mind if its far away, its just so expensive to fly and then get a hotel nearby and blahhhh. But im sure its worth it!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:

I dont mind if its far away, its just so expensive to fly and then get a hotel nearby and blahhhh. But im sure its worth it!

visitation sounds like he is in a penitentiary lol. anyway, he should know his duty station before he goes to Airborne. It will be TDY en route to his new duty station. Fort Same is usually medical MOSes so he should have weekends off during AIT He should know this information and be providing it to you if he wants.

In Airborne, the junior enlisted are micromanaged and the officers have more freedom when training is up for the day. Just an FYI.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Sergeant First Class

Sweet thanks! Well they just started AIT so I dont think their weekends are all that free til they 'phase change'. Err... i mean they did literally yesterday get their phase change. Thanks for the info though =)

Old 04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:

nope. found out today he's going to Korea June 4! yay....uhhh not really gunna suck

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljhuhu View Post
i have checked itís really great
whats great?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
whats great?

ok you cropped the pic to show who is who now lol. anyway, i come back and its 300 posts later lol

Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae

Quote:

when i went to visit my fella, i was allowed to actually stay with him in his barracks. (sp)
so there was no need for a hotel or anything like that. just make sure that you have a valid ID and if you are going to be driving (if he is stationed close enough) make sure you have a recent copy of your ins. card, they will check all of these things when you are being processed for your pass.