armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 04-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Recruit

Default Ft. Jackson BT

My husband left for BT on Wednesday April 8th and it is now Sunday. I still haven't heard from him and I keep reading that he gets to call within the first 72 hours and he hasn't. I am very worried and has this happened to anyone else?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Corporal

Hey. I havn't left for BCT yet, but from what I've been told using a phone while in BCT and AIT is an earned privilege. So I wouldn't get to worried. The 9 weeks he's in there will be a time for him to become a soldier, and will be very stressful. Give him time, he'll c all

Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Captain

That 72 hour rule applies to when he get to his actually BCT unit. He is probably still at Reception inprocessing, he could be there for a week or two.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Brigadier General

Phone privileges vary so much from post to post, BCT company, & individual Drill Sgts that I wouldn't worry. Sometime the first thing you'll hear from them will be a form letter with their BCT address on it.

Usually in Reception they're allowed to use the phone but then again it's totally up to the leadership.

I'll bet that by now you've had a phone call. Normally on Sundays.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Private First Class

Default Foxtrot Company

Hi, my son is in the 1/13, Foxtrot Company. I've only gotten one letter from him, and that was on March 26. No phone calls since he arrived at reception on March 14. I though yesterday being Easter, I might have gotten a call. I think he is also at the end of the first three weeks. Oh well, if the calls are limited, he may have chosen to call his fiance, which is understandable. I'm sure he misses her terribly! It's just frustrating for a mom to not know what's going on!

According to the grad schedule, Foxtrot Company should be graduating May 29th.

On the upside, Foxtrot Company FINALLY has photos posted on the website for weeks one and three. Of course, everyone looks alike! The pics from the third week look like the soldier are starting IV's on each other. My soldier must have loved that. He HATES needles! Bet he got over that in a hurry!

Is there anyone out there with a soldier in Foxtrot Co. at Ft. Jackson? I have not seen any recent posts.