armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Corporal

I'm not sure when they get their mail. Depends on their DS, I think. Some DS's will have mail call everyday, others only a couple times a week. I actually saw someone said their DS would only give mail on Saturdays. I wouldn't spend extra money on overnights....but, when I send packages, I send them 2-day...but only because it's only an extra 25 cents or so. Just keep on sending letters, she will get them eventually.

You're so lucky to be getting calls already. My son is in week 4 (first week of white phase) and he hasn't been allowed to call once yet. He's in D-Co. 1-13, 4th platoon (undertakers), but "klovato" whose son is 3rd platoon has gotten calls. Between calls and mail...it's all up to their DS, and the behavior of others in their platoon. My son talks about the jack-a**es in his platoon in every letter.... therefore, no calls.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Private First Class

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrazy13 View Post
I'm not sure when they get their mail. Depends on their DS, I think. Some DS's will have mail call everyday, others only a couple times a week. I actually saw someone said their DS would only give mail on Saturdays. I wouldn't spend extra money on overnights....but, when I send packages, I send them 2-day...but only because it's only an extra 25 cents or so. Just keep on sending letters, she will get them eventually.

You're so lucky to be getting calls already. My son is in week 4 (first week of white phase) and he hasn't been allowed to call once yet. He's in D-Co. 1-13, 4th platoon (undertakers), but "klovato" whose son is 3rd platoon has gotten calls. Between calls and mail...it's all up to their DS, and the behavior of others in their platoon. My son talks about the jack-a**es in his platoon in every letter.... therefore, no calls.
My husband is graduating BCT at ft jackson in less than two weeks. B comp 3/13 He to has lost priviliges due to people acting up. so im not suprised to hear that you havent gotten a call, at the same time i am sorry that your dealing with it four weeks without a call feels like an eternity! i had to go through it as well, and sometimes they even held their mail for a few days because of it. once he didnt get a letter from me for almost 2 weeks and i was sending one everyday. All he talked about the first few weeks was how other people there had been making life miserable. other peopl i know that have completed BCT say its all part of it, if there is or isnt someone acting up they will find a reason to do the same things to them. its all a learning experience.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Private First Class

Default Not even sure which company?

I received a letter from my son two weeks ago that gave me his address. He wrote that he was in Foxtrot Company, 1/13. I received mail yesterday with a letter from the Commander and someone else (Salazar?) telling me he was there and saying grad is May 28/29. However; it came from Echo Company. So now I'm confused and don't know how to address his mail. He turned 24 yesterday. Have not gotten a phone call since the one he got to make when he first arrived at Fort Jackson. Of course, if the calls are limited, he probably would have called his girlfriend in Fresno. What's a mother to do?

Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Private

Default Woohoo

Today we made the hotel reservations for graduation. Anyuone else from F-Co out there? I know if they passed their PT test the DS let them have thier cell phones back. I hope you guys are having as uch fun with your Soldier being in BCT as I am!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Private First Class

Red face halfway home!

My soldier is in 1/13 F Co. 1st Platoon "Rough Riders." Yes, the "what company" issue finally got straightend out. I was so surprised last weekend when he sent me a "text" that he got his phone back. He called later and said he passed his PT test with a 205. I guess that was good enough to earn back the cell phone! Modern times, what can I say? Anyway, he sounded so much better than his first letters indicated. He had strep throat and and ear infection his first week there, though. Why does it seem they always start out sick? Anyway, other than his knee bugging him a bit, which he refusesto have looked at, he seems fine. He says the food-get this-is great. Saysthey "feed you fat meals here."

So, I guess family day and graduation is May 28/29! I can hardly wait. Being my supertitious self, though, I may wait a week to make reservations. 've never been to the Carolina's so I may make it a mini vacation. He'll be going straight to FLW for AIT though. He's going 21E, heavy equipment operator.

I am so proud, as I'm sure all of you are also. Hope to see you there!

Donna
Mom of Jake
BCT Ft. Jackson
AIT FLW

Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Private

Default Mom of Jake

Hi mom of jake. My friend is also in platoon 1 rough riders. I am excited for graduation too! She is going to FLW too! Her MOS is 88M what about Jakes? Where are you from?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Private First Class

Jake is going to be 21E, which is a heavy equipment operator. I live near Sacramento, but Jake was living in Fresno, a couple of hours south of here. He is 24 and has been on his own for a few years. I hope I get another call this weekend!

There are new photos on the website today! It looks like they are at the range.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Recruit

Default Foxtrot 1-13 Infan Graduating May 29

Hi All,

My son is also in bootcamp. He has called me several times.. Havent heard from in 2 days, I know he had been phone privileges almost 2 weeks ago. I am sending a letter a week and not getting the same response. I know he's homesick as well. It's tough not knowing what he is experincing. But, I am always upbeat and happy when I write and speak to him. Miss him dearly......... Anyone else with Foxtrot? Take care, :-)

Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Private

Default Co F 1-13

My best friend is in Foxtrot Platoon 1 "Ruffy Ryders". Indeed they have been at the range. She wrote me and told me she didn't do too well firing though Hopefully she will be able pass before graduation. I can't wait for graduation and friends and family day....woohooo!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Private First Class

Question busted back to "red phase?"

I spoke with Jake last night. They just got back from a 3-day field exercise. He sounded tired and pissed off. Says grad is still scheduled for 29 May, but they got busted back to red phase. He dosen't know if grad will be delayed or not. Nothing has changed on the website's grad schedule, but how often does that get updated?

How the heck do you make airline reservations like that? Did anyone else hear anything about it? Has everyone made reservations? Did anyone use Victory Travel?

I was going toeither call VT on Monday, or look for a online deal.

I really cant wait. I hope jake was just tired last night. He really was cranky! He is going to call me again tomorrow. Maybe he'll be a little more "up."

Oh well. i just pray it all works out.

Donna-
Very proud mom of Jake