armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 11-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Recruit

Default needing help from army wives

my husband is wanting to join the army. he has taken his ASVAB but has to wait til dec. 6th to take his physical. i was wanting to know if there are any army wives that had children BEFORE their husbands enlisted? my husband is 30 and we have 3 girls (twins 10yrs & youngest is 8 yrs) my big concern is how to help the girls deal with this soon to be new lifestyle. with things such as moving, deployment, schools, peers, ect. any tips or suggestions would be wonderful!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to darlin_31792

Quote:
Originally Posted by waymans08 View Post
my husband is wanting to join the army. he has taken his ASVAB but has to wait til dec. 6th to take his physical. i was wanting to know if there are any army wives that had children BEFORE their husbands enlisted? my husband is 30 and we have 3 girls (twins 10yrs & youngest is 8 yrs) my big concern is how to help the girls deal with this soon to be new lifestyle. with things such as moving, deployment, schools, peers, ect. any tips or suggestions would be wonderful!
hi jenny here .. my husband is 32 and we are raising our grandbabies.. nd he is leaving for basic tomorrow in missouri...all i tell the babies is that poppy is with the army and will be back soon...if you make it soud like he is having an adventure .. you know like he's gone off to play with the boys then the kids will be happy and not worry as much.. just don't worry in front of them. i know it's hard but chin girl.. he will be back soon.i was a navy wife in the 80's so i went through it then too with my kids... it will be ok just make it sound like and adventure and the kids will play along. my son is in the army too and i had to tell my granddaughter where he went.. so i told her the same thing he is with the army..he will be back soon...

Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Corporal

Quote:
My husband just joined National Guard and this inital phase of training is hell. 10 minute bi-weekly phone calls, it takes my letters a week + to get to him (so I can't get advise on issues relating to the family) I am not thinking that BCT is designed in any way to support family. But the good news is that BCT is not forever.
As far as preparing my children, we talked to them about patriotism and the need to help protect the family and our country. We looked at pictures from the internet about military and all the different aspects of training. And we explained that it is job!
Good Luck

Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Private

My husnad joined the National Guard when I was pregnant with our third child. Being that the others were still young, we told them that ' daddy went to beat the monsters and the bad guys'. Now he's basically their hero. BCT doesn't last forever. I had the baby without him and everything turned out fine. But I never once forgotten to tell my boys about their father and where he was and what he was doing. Sure, they'll say they miss him and that they want to go pick him up. We cherished every phone call and every letter. The kids even took the time to draw him pictures. Anything to help you guys stay connected, even if thats just in thought or prayer, helps just that little bit. Hope the best for you and your family.
God Bless.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Recruit

Default Fort Lewis is a NO NO NO NO!

Quote:
Fort Lewis is the worst post I have ever been to and I've been to a lot. Read my blog...[url]http://hereswhatamythinks.blogspot.com/[/url]

Amy