armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default Anthrax

When do they start doing the Anthrax shot? Do they only do it in preparation for deployment to Iraq or Afgan? Or is it considered mandatory for every soldier regardless if they are stateside or deployed? I heard it is given over a several week period?

Just curious...

Fire

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Second Lieutenant

Bubba didn't get his until he was scheduled to be deployed. He felt like trash the next day, but I haven't heard him say anything else about it. He also had other shots so it's hard to say which one made him feel bad. Could have been the bud light chasers too!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
Bubba didn't get his until he was scheduled to be deployed. He felt like trash the next day, but I haven't heard him say anything else about it. He also had other shots so it's hard to say which one made him feel bad. Could have been the bud light chasers too!
Haha... yeah, my friend was talking to me about her hubby doing his. He leaves next month. We didn't know if he got it because he was deploying or if you get it regardless. She said he felt awful as well. As soon as she asked if J had gotten it and I said "I didn't know" she said "OHHH, you'll know!" hahahaha

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-13-2007, 08:23 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Haha... yeah, my friend was talking to me about her hubby doing his. He leaves next month. We didn't know if he got it because he was deploying or if you get it regardless. She said he felt awful as well. As soon as she asked if J had gotten it and I said "I didn't know" she said "OHHH, you'll know!" hahahaha
mick got his about a month ago while at a AT/pre-deployment training. he said when he saw the guys coming out of the tent that looked like ****, but when he got it it wasnt that bad. when he went to walk out of the tent it about knocked him on his ***. so im guessing J will know when he gets it!