armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 10-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Private

Default Newly married... ?

Alright, I chose the topic ehading because My fiance is a Private 2 currently, and he will be stationed up at Ft. Mead after his AIT is finished November 21st. He plans to use his 10 day official leave for us to be married on the 24th of November--and he plans to go to the new base in Ft. Mead on the 10th day--But he and I are wondering based on what previous army ranks (1 Major, and 1 Staff Sargent) If Since he's only in his first year of being in the army if I would even be allowed to live on base with him, or if I am stuck at home for 3 years. (If it's at home for 3 years--I'll go insane!--Home family life isn't the ebst and I was in a way looking foreward to leaving behind family home situations) But at the same time, I wouldn't have the money to live on my own outside of the base.

I have been doing all of the wedding planning for the wedding--and he's putting in the paperwork today for On base living, and I'd like to get an idea if it's even possible for me to go up with him. He of course would go up there first--then I would be joining him after things for him are all settled in. I'm 20, and he's 19--turning 20, so if anyone knows what the procedures are--or if I'll need a security clearance or something for him so I can be with him--Let me know.

His department is Central Intelligence--or something like that He deals with a lot of information (I just called him a MI Tecky)

Again, any help would be appreciated greatly. ^_^~

Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaofoz View Post
Alright, I chose the topic ehading because My fiance is a Private 2 currently, and he will be stationed up at Ft. Mead after his AIT is finished November 21st. He plans to use his 10 day official leave for us to be married on the 24th of November--and he plans to go to the new base in Ft. Mead on the 10th day--But he and I are wondering based on what previous army ranks (1 Major, and 1 Staff Sargent) If Since he's only in his first year of being in the army if I would even be allowed to live on base with him, or if I am stuck at home for 3 years. (If it's at home for 3 years--I'll go insane!--Home family life isn't the ebst and I was in a way looking foreward to leaving behind family home situations) But at the same time, I wouldn't have the money to live on my own outside of the base.

I have been doing all of the wedding planning for the wedding--and he's putting in the paperwork today for On base living, and I'd like to get an idea if it's even possible for me to go up with him. He of course would go up there first--then I would be joining him after things for him are all settled in. I'm 20, and he's 19--turning 20, so if anyone knows what the procedures are--or if I'll need a security clearance or something for him so I can be with him--Let me know.

His department is Central Intelligence--or something like that He deals with a lot of information (I just called him a MI Tecky)

Again, any help would be appreciated greatly. ^_^~
From our experience if you are married you live together -- if you have accompanied orders. He'll need to make sure everyone knows he is getting married so he can fill whatever paperwork out needed to go accompanied. Otherwise, they will just put him in single barracks. I would be really surprised if you got on post family housing at Meade (great post by the way!). If not, they will give you BHA (Basic Housing Allowance) and you can live off post.

Fire

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
From our experience if you are married you live together -- if you have accompanied orders. He'll need to make sure everyone knows he is getting married so he can fill whatever paperwork out needed to go accompanied. Otherwise, they will just put him in single barracks. I would be really surprised if you got on post family housing at Meade (great post by the way!). If not, they will give you BHA (Basic Housing Allowance) and you can live off post.

Fire
M'kay, so who exactly does he need to tell? He's going to be starting Warweek again for the third time in about a week--and He'll need to know exactly who to tell. My mom keeps calling me and teasingly saying "3 years you'll have to wait before you can leave us!" --I know it's not intentionally being mean--but it is, and kinda bothering since her friend at work is an Ex Marine, and yeah. The issue is, as you said "If your married" When he's filling out the paperwork there at his current base--We wont be married, but when he's going on break for the 10 days--We will be married by the time he goes to his next assignment.

What exactly would I have to do to get Accompanied orders? And how would we be able to get this done so our family can be there. (Our family includes, him, myself and our Poodle.)

For moving up to MD, will I need to take a moving truck up there with the stuff we'll be getting and pay that from our expenses (If I'm allowed toeven come) or would the Military aid of transporting of our belongings? Such as he has quite a few heavy things at his current base such as his computer(s), clothes, and other things he has bought. Or will the bases just transfer those things for him?

I appologize if I am asking quite a few questions, but I am just trying to make sure we get things all settled as far as our wedding, and living arrangements. (Thank you for the compliment on my post ^^~) I honestly do appreciate your help on this subject. ^_^~

Old 10-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaofoz View Post
M'kay, so who exactly does he need to tell? He's going to be starting Warweek again for the third time in about a week--and He'll need to know exactly who to tell. My mom keeps calling me and teasingly saying "3 years you'll have to wait before you can leave us!" --I know it's not intentionally being mean--but it is, and kinda bothering since her friend at work is an Ex Marine, and yeah. The issue is, as you said "If your married" When he's filling out the paperwork there at his current base--We wont be married, but when he's going on break for the 10 days--We will be married by the time he goes to his next assignment.

What exactly would I have to do to get Accompanied orders? And how would we be able to get this done so our family can be there. (Our family includes, him, myself and our Poodle.)

For moving up to MD, will I need to take a moving truck up there with the stuff we'll be getting and pay that from our expenses (If I'm allowed toeven come) or would the Military aid of transporting of our belongings? Such as he has quite a few heavy things at his current base such as his computer(s), clothes, and other things he has bought. Or will the bases just transfer those things for him?

I appologize if I am asking quite a few questions, but I am just trying to make sure we get things all settled as far as our wedding, and living arrangements. (Thank you for the compliment on my post ^^~) I honestly do appreciate your help on this subject. ^_^~
All I know is this:

He needs to keep his superior in the loop. As soon as I wrote everyone - I thought to myself... gosh I should have clarified. Hahaha! I know my husband felt comfortable asking his superior questions like this - as far as accompanied/un-accompanied. He will need to update DEERS once you are married - immediately. You will also need to go to the closest post to get a military ID (you can do this at Meade). You will need to keep out all SS cards, you marriage license, and birth certificate. Start ordering now if you don't know where these are. Haha Once you are in DEERS they should know he is married and his orders should include you.

As for the moving... before the end of AIT they will hook him up with transportation. They will schedule a moving appointment. They will come take inventory and then come back and pack & load. He will be given a certain wieght limit... only transportation would know this. I know for us...2 kids included we were allowed 7800 lbs. We had 7100. You can to a DITY move... Do it Yourself move.. They will pay you up to certain wieght. I wouldn't though... You may not have a place to live right away and then you are carrying all your belongings... We had transportation move us and took with us things we needed... (ie: all those docs I mentioned and instruments, laptops, etc...)

Congrats by the way... what an exciting time for you.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Last edited by Fireball; 10-05-2007 at 02:17 PM..

Old 10-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Private

Thank you kindly for all of your information, you have been most helpful! ^_^~ I'm getting our information--on my side--Of what I can/cannot bring for my "moving in" ^_^~

Edit: And thank you for the congratulations. ^_^~ Just getting our marriage license has been a pain in the butt because of the Holiday weekend. @_@

Now that I think about it--do they normally allow Army AIT graduates leave that same day so they can be home for the holidays? Or do they have to wait 2-3 days after they graduate like Basic Training?

Last edited by Salaofoz; 10-05-2007 at 02:42 PM..