armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Private

Default trying to find how to go back

I'm in the army reserve and already been to iraq once before ( OIF 3) and kinda thinking that i want togo back at least once more. I looked and looked on the web for goverment web sites trying to find out how I'd volunteer to go back, I know they need people to go over. I remember seeing it on my AKO account once before but that was a long time ago and now with the cac code thing that AKO mandated you have to do I can no longer get on AKO as many other soldiers can't either. Does anyone out there know the route to volunteer to go back over?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigansoldier84 View Post
I'm in the army reserve and already been to iraq once before ( OIF 3) and kinda thinking that i want togo back at least once more. I looked and looked on the web for goverment web sites trying to find out how I'd volunteer to go back, I know they need people to go over. I remember seeing it on my AKO account once before but that was a long time ago and now with the cac code thing that AKO mandated you have to do I can no longer get on AKO as many other soldiers can't either. Does anyone out there know the route to volunteer to go back over?
Just order a CAC reader from Dell, they're only about 20 bucks and you won't have any problems accessing your AKO anymore.

As for Reserves going back over, I don't know how you guys do it. I would imagine you need to talk to your unit and try to jump on with another unit that's heading out. Why not just go active?

Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Private

I thought about going active but I'd make less a lot less. Active duty doesn't receive BAH, and reserve does. I live in an area that the army pays me almost $1000 dollar a month for my BAH. That much more only brings me to a little more than $30k a year which is still not a lot. Lower enlisted soldiers don't really make enough and would rather make $30k than $20k while over there being shot at.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigansoldier84 View Post
I thought about going active but I'd make less a lot less. Active duty doesn't receive BAH, and reserve does. I live in an area that the army pays me almost $1000 dollar a month for my BAH. That much more only brings me to a little more than $30k a year which is still not a lot. Lower enlisted soldiers don't really make enough and would rather make $30k than $20k while over there being shot at.
Go over to the National Guard, they never have a problem getting deployments when they want them.