armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Recruit

Default What Is The Age Limit?

I Was Wondering What The Age Limit Is To Enlist.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 AM
General of the Armies

In the US Army, its 42 yrs old... I presume its the US Army you mean??..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
In the US Army, its 42 yrs old... I presume its the US Army you mean??..
17-42 for US yup yup yup

17 with parent backing and sigs

Old 03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Sergeant

Lightbulb age limits need to be changed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
17-42 for US yup yup yup

17 with parent backing and sigs
I'm not sure when they raised the age from 35 to 42 but it needs to be changed again to allow anyone who is physically fit and medically sound to serve, now don't start throwing that retirement excuse at me over 65% of those that enlist don't serve but enlistment. I'm a firm believer that an age wavier needs to be created, crap they got a wavier for everything else.I know that this is a hot topic I just wish it was thrust in front of the Generals ahd the senate armed services com. After if you can't pass any of the tests or physicals it dosn't matter how old or what your age is. They want to increase the size of the army ,where they going to come from? Lower the asvab scores yea that works,offer citizenship for service what a can of wormes!Your not going to have a bunch of overweight out of shape trying to enlist, all of the criteria is already in place at MEPS, all that is the creation of an age wavier and an wavier of retirement and I would sign on the line so fast it would make your head swim. I'm 53 and would serve 8 years,don't laugh I can still run the mile under 8min. I'm more than physically able to handle the job.I hope the right people could read this!
gsimes army strong

Old 03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsimes View Post
I'm not sure when they raised the age from 35 to 42 but it needs to be changed again to allow anyone who is physically fit and medically sound to serve, now don't start throwing that retirement excuse at me over 65% of those that enlist don't serve but enlistment. I'm a firm believer that an age wavier needs to be created, crap they got a wavier for everything else.I know that this is a hot topic I just wish it was thrust in front of the Generals ahd the senate armed services com. After if you can't pass any of the tests or physicals it dosn't matter how old or what your age is. They want to increase the size of the army ,where they going to come from? Lower the asvab scores yea that works,offer citizenship for service what a can of wormes!Your not going to have a bunch of overweight out of shape trying to enlist, all of the criteria is already in place at MEPS, all that is the creation of an age wavier and an wavier of retirement and I would sign on the line so fast it would make your head swim. I'm 53 and would serve 8 years,don't laugh I can still run the mile under 8min. I'm more than physically able to handle the job.I hope the right people could read this!
gsimes army strong
Good man... Im 33 and do an 8 min mile..... Given only ten years ago, I ran the mile over 3 in 6 minutes, its a real slip...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Good man... Im 33 and do an 8 min mile..... Given only ten years ago, I ran the mile over 3 in 6 minutes, its a real slip...
Good man...Ex. The Right Stuff.

Hey gsimes, Welcome. I hear what your saying. You remind me of my dad. Right and Ready.

Good luck.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Sergeant

Lightbulb need to change the age limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Good man...Ex. The Right Stuff.

Hey gsimes, Welcome. I hear what your saying. You remind me of my dad. Right and Ready.

Good luck.
Thanks,ironic my dad was drafted at the highest age allowed in WWll
I want to get everybody who thinks like me united and involved in this.An avalanche starts with one snowflake moving.
gsimes army strong

Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
I want to get everybody who thinks like me united and involved in this.An avalanche starts with one snowflake moving.
gsimes army strong

lol..... I admire your spirit, but being in country is truely a young mans game.... those in their 50s who have 30 yrs of conditioning under their belt for the job at hand is somewhat different to a newbe or rethread in their 50s....

Old 03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool Night Space.....

Quote:
gsimes army strong

We are sending you a huge shout out across the Night Airspace .... the 1-113th Army Aviation Regiment.....It's because of men like my Dad, my brothers and my Uncles and Grandfather. Family, Friends, Relations, Exo, LC Tacky.. and jrj100 and spike, Common Sence, Torpso, and Sniper Alpha, onePoint. The young guns like Z and jimmy 1847' and yourself. Community. Country and Pride. And Education. And the special ladies in our lives..like my Mom. my Sister, and my Girl and Kmullins and all army wives, and girlfriends. The Right Stuff.
This is... what makes us proud to serve. " Forty Rounds" Hooah.
1. Loyalty
2. Duty
3. Respect
4. Selfless- Service
5. Honor
6. Integrity
7. Personal Courage

A Soldiers Handbook.....My Army. Seven Core Values. Skills to pay the bills. Comouflaged by Night.
1-160th NightStalkers. Hooah.

It will be great P/R (The Young Guns, and gsimes Army strong) knowing there's men out there who already raised a family and would like to finish their careers in service to country. a couple of cool cars and a few bikes and pick up trucks. A few nice ladies and beer=Softball and whole lot of fun. How can you beat that. The people would love it. I know Im in. Ha ha. If only the DOD, and DA, is in. They could change AR. Then it's all good. I prefer a beer please. Thank You. Lol............Awesome.............. Ex,...you know this is a good one. Lol.

Peace.
Nightflyer
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 03-10-2007 at 08:14 AM..

Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Sergeant

Wink change the age limit

Quote:
lol..... I admire your spirit, but being in country is truely a young mans game.... those in their 50s who have 30 yrs of conditioning under their belt for the job at hand is somewhat different to a newbe or rethread in their 50s....
What you say is not altogether true,but I do agree nothing beats experiance,but on the other hand physicai conditioning is a lifestyle to some people like myself a way of life,and experiance I have forgotten more than many of those young men know.Not everybody in the civilian world is Bubba six-pack,I have dure sure not just crawed aboard a raft and floated down stream {conditioning}I may not have had a drill segarent hollering in my ear but my life has been far from easy.Even though the military and civilian lifestyle may be different in some aspects they are very similar in other.Sorry but the glass is always half full for me not half empty,if it's not worth fighting for it's not worth having,so it's lead,follow,or go set on the porch.Sorry hope I didnt get you wet when I shot across your bow,I can gaurantee you my powder is dry,buy the way I have seen some of those in their 50s who have been in 30 years and I know some of them personally,I am in far better shape than some of them,not braggin just fact.I'm not very articulate or polished but Iam very passionate about what I believe,for that I do not apologize! sighted in powder dry
gsimes army strong hoahh