armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 06-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to trafficassist Send a message via Yahoo to trafficassist
Smile The Army and K-9 MP's

Hey everyone.

New to the forum. I'm Alisha and I'm 21. I have been thinking about the military for a couple of years now, but I didn't want to join until I thought about what I really wanted to do, and what I'd like to get out of it in the long run.

I was talking to a recruiter the other day, and they mentioned that the MP's have K-9 units?

My goal as a career is to become a police officer, and specialize in the K-9 unit. When I heard about this, it gave me even more reason to want to join.

Does anyone know the requirements? What are some of the training that you would have to go through? What are some of the things the military K-9 unit would do?

Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

-Alisha
Salem, OR

Old 06-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

yet another bloody girl in the miltary

Old 06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to trafficassist Send a message via Yahoo to trafficassist

Jealous?

I'm glad you can contribute to my question. Thanks.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Recruit

Exclamation Wth??

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal marine View Post
yet another bloody girl in the miltary
DUDE COME ON! FOR YEARS MEN AND WOMEN HAVE WORKED SIDE BY SIDE AND NOT ONE PERSON MINDS IT HAVENT YOU HEARD ANYTHING A MAN CAN DO A WOMEN CAN DO.... LOOK YOU DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT WOMEN ARE IN THE MILITARY...THEN PLEASE STAY OFF THE MILITARY THREADS...THAT JUST UPSET PPL.. LIKE ME FOR EXAMPLE... IM A 20 YR OLD FEMALE AND I CAN DO MORE THEN THE MEN IN MY SQUAD... :

AS FAR AS THE K9 QUESTION AS LONG AS THERE IS A K9 UNIT WITH A SLOT OPEN YOUR ABLE TO GET IN

AS FOR ME IM IN THE NATIONAL GUARD SO I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A UNIT IN MY STATE AND THEN I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO HAVE A SLOT OPEN IN THE UNIT...BUT IM TRYIN TO FIND A UNIT WITH A SLOT OPEN...AND GO ACTIVE TO BEABLE TO BE A K9 OFFICER

Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDIERMP09 View Post
DUDE COME ON! FOR YEARS MEN AND WOMEN HAVE WORKED SIDE BY SIDE AND NOT ONE PERSON MINDS IT HAVENT YOU HEARD ANYTHING A MAN CAN DO A WOMEN CAN DO.... LOOK YOU DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT WOMEN ARE IN THE MILITARY...THEN PLEASE STAY OFF THE MILITARY THREADS...THAT JUST UPSET PPL.. LIKE ME FOR EXAMPLE... IM A 20 YR OLD FEMALE AND I CAN DO MORE THEN THE MEN IN MY SQUAD... :

AS FAR AS THE K9 QUESTION AS LONG AS THERE IS A K9 UNIT WITH A SLOT OPEN YOUR ABLE TO GET IN

AS FOR ME IM IN THE NATIONAL GUARD SO I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A UNIT IN MY STATE AND THEN I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO HAVE A SLOT OPEN IN THE UNIT...BUT IM TRYIN TO FIND A UNIT WITH A SLOT OPEN...AND GO ACTIVE TO BEABLE TO BE A K9 OFFICER
Don't waste any more breath on him. He's long gone. Good riddance.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficassist View Post
Hey everyone.

New to the forum. I'm Alisha and I'm 21. I have been thinking about the military for a couple of years now, but I didn't want to join until I thought about what I really wanted to do, and what I'd like to get out of it in the long run.

I was talking to a recruiter the other day, and they mentioned that the MP's have K-9 units?

My goal as a career is to become a police officer, and specialize in the K-9 unit. When I heard about this, it gave me even more reason to want to join.

Does anyone know the requirements? What are some of the training that you would have to go through? What are some of the things the military K-9 unit would do?

Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

-Alisha
Salem, OR

Alisha, I have many friends who are dog handlers in the Army. You will have to first pass MP school and then apply to K-9 (an Air force school) afterwards. Once you get the school under your belt, MP branch can move you to a vacant slot.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolq View Post
Alisha, I have many friends who are dog handlers in the Army. You will have to first pass MP school and then apply to K-9 (an Air force school) afterwards. Once you get the school under your belt, MP branch can move you to a vacant slot.
aisha post (the 1st 3) was from nearly 4 yrs ago. I dont think she will get you answer, and hope she still wasnt waiting for an answer.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 AM
First Lieutenant

Whats with all of these ancient threads being resurrected?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodge View Post
aisha post (the 1st 3) was from nearly 4 yrs ago. I dont think she will get you answer, and hope she still wasnt waiting for an answer.

well, she might still have her email active for notifications and will received this. she might be checking daily for a response lol.

anyway, good catch, I guess the poster had nothing better to do than to revive and old thread.