armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Corporal

Unhappy Dealing with son's 1st Deployment / Holidays?

It's Thanksgiving, and my older son is in Iraq since May 07, I've already e-mailed him today, but it is still very hard not having him here. I know I'm not the only one, and when I write or e-mail I make sure to keep things upbeat, but like many of you it's still very hard. I know in my heart that he will be back with us, and be fine. If anyone is out there please write, I live in NJ, and Iam divorced, so his Dad and I can't go through this together. My friends are very supportive, and the hospital I volunteer at has adopted him, and his buddies collecting and sending care packages. They're all just wonderful! I wish I could hear form him more often. He called once and I wasn't here, so he left a message on my machine- which I have kept and play once in a while. Looking for advice and support. A#1Mom

Old 11-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Second Lieutenant

It is tough not having them around. Hopefully you have others with you today that you care about and that care about you. He's safe, and his buddies have his back. My oldest is in the army also, and I am also a single mom. I know exactly how you feel. It's nice to know this site is here where we can talk to people who understand. Have a blessed holiday.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
First Sergeant

If you didn't get to hear from him today, trust me, he thought about you all day.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Corporal

Red face Thanks for the support!!

To Gunbunny13 & TxMom42: Thanks for the support. I did find a short e-mail this morning from Scott. He's also doing an 11-3 nite watch, I assume besides his regular job as a mechanic. It is just hard, especially since he made sure to get leave last year on each of the holidays, and was sent home for Easter, to bring all his belongings home before they deployed in May. My younger sister had me and my other son over so I was with family-Thanx again!!!

Last edited by A#1Mom; 11-23-2007 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: incorrect user ID

Old 11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A#1Mom View Post
To Gunbunny13 & TxMom42: Thanks for the support. I did find a short e-mail this morning from Scott. He's also doing an 11-3 nite watch, I assume besides his regular job as a mechanic. It is just hard, especially since he made sure to get leave last year on each of the holidays, and was sent home for Easter, to bring all his belongings home before they deployed in May. My younger sister had me and my other son over so I was with family-Thanx again!!!
No problem. I am glad you heard from him. There is always someone here.