armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Recruit

Default New recruit

Im almost ready to swear in for the army. I have a few questions still. Like are you aloud to have cell phones during your schooling after boot camp. And I have a serious girlfreind that will be waiting for me back at home. If me and her are married can she come to my duty station with me? And if my schooling is long can she come with me to?

Old 10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Private

She cannot come to your basic training, or your AIT training, or any training at all for that matter, however, if you are to get married you need to get ahold of DEERS and show them the proper information needed, then in the living arrangements you can get her into your assignment location. However if it's in any type of fighting country I don't think she would eb allowed to go.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Private First Class

After you finish your BASIC training you will have alot more advantages then you did when you were under constant drill sergant lock down. My brother was allowed a cell phone after BASIC as well as other stuff like PSP's and laptops. Basic training is going to be tight on all your freedom because its part of the break you down build you up strategy which works great!