armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Staff Sergeant

Default Know where he going for now!

Ok here's the update. He is coming home on the 22nd of March and he has hometown recruiting for a week and then he has to leave to go to Tx and by there by the 5th of April, then his orders say he has deploymant in June. he was not going to tell me until he was in Tx but one of his buddys told my daughter the other night so he had to tell me before she did.

So does that sound right? Do you think he is keeping anything else from me? I told him I would like to know before hand so I can get ready too! Have not seen him in three months and when he is here he has so much to do.

Hey got a question! My daughter is getting married in November, he want be albe to come home for that will he? Darn it I didn't know why I have not thought about that before now. He was going to be the one to walk her down the path to her beloved! I guess we have to firgure this one out!

Happy days are a coming!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
Ok here's the update. He is coming home on the 22nd of March and he has hometown recruiting for a week and then he has to leave to go to Tx and by there by the 5th of April, then his orders say he has deploymant in June. he was not going to tell me until he was in Tx but one of his buddys told my daughter the other night so he had to tell me before she did.

So does that sound right? Do you think he is keeping anything else from me? I told him I would like to know before hand so I can get ready too! Have not seen him in three months and when he is here he has so much to do.

Hey got a question! My daughter is getting married in November, he want be albe to come home for that will he? Darn it I didn't know why I have not thought about that before now. He was going to be the one to walk her down the path to her beloved! I guess we have to firgure this one out!

Happy days are a coming!
If he deploys in June - which there are many on post that are leaving in June - it MAY be possible for him to get an early RR to get home by November... it really just depends on his command. I have heard of some getting RR as early as 4 months into deployment, but it is rare.

He is his own person - he can with hold or share whatever he wants. You may not like it, but that is the reality of adults living their own lives. haha As annoying as it is - we as parents - just have to accept it and support them.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default About 14 days leave.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
If he deploys in June - which there are many on post that are leaving in June - it MAY be possible for him to get an early RR to get home by November... it really just depends on his command. I have heard of some getting RR as early as 4 months into deployment, but it is rare.

He is his own person - he can with hold or share whatever he wants. You may not like it, but that is the reality of adults living their own lives. haha As annoying as it is - we as parents - just have to accept it and support them.
Spoken, like a good Mom.Lol..Oh, my cousin Donnie got a chance to come home after about ten months...and it wasn't all that long..We only got the chance to go out and get drunk twice... Ha ha ...

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post

Happy days are a coming!
My son arrived at Fort Lewis in September after basic and was supposed to ship out in late October, due to some paperwork issues he ended up not leaving until December. I was a little freaked out too, but they will make sure he is ready to go. Don't let it cloud his time at home. Just enjoy him being there. He may not have told you because he doesn't want it to be the focus of his stay. My son really didn't want to talk about it that much.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Private First Class

My son graduated in November and did the week of hometown recruiting, reported to his base in December and deployed in January. It was like a whirlwind! He too didn't tell us about his deployment orders at first...but he finally did when we were alone one day. I think he was hesitant because he didn't know how we were going to react as we had originally thought he wouldn't deploy until June...

Last edited by JacksonMom; 03-25-2008 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonMom View Post
My son graduated XXXXX and did the week of hometown recruiting, reported to his base on XXXXX and deployed XXXXX. It was like a whirlwind! He too didn't tell us about his deployment orders at first...but he finally did when we were alone one day. I think he was hesitant because he didn't know how we were going to react as we had originally thought he wouldn't deploy until XXXX...
That is sweet he did it while you were alone - not on the phone or via email.

-Fireball

Last edited by Fireball; 03-25-2008 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

You family members need to educate yourselves on OPSEC as well as PERSEC. I don't care what the news talks about, those in or involved with the military do not EVER discuss deployment dates, info etc. Every little bit of information you leak out gets read, you may not think it is important, doesn't mean it isn't. Remember that, and take it very seriously.

As for your son, he doesn't have deployment orders if he hasn't even reported to his duty station. All his orders tell him is to report to Unit XYZ at Base ABC on this date, nothing else.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Private First Class

I educated myself on another forum today on PERSEC and found that it was well posted for new users stating "Please Read Before Posting" Perhaps this site should think about doing the same, like in the Introduction Forum, just a suggestion. And by the way, your name suits you...

Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
You family members need to educate yourselves on OPSEC as well as PERSEC. I don't care what the news talks about, those in or involved with the military do not EVER discuss deployment dates, info etc. Every little bit of information you leak out gets read, you may not think it is important, doesn't mean it isn't. Remember that, and take it very seriously.

As for your son, he doesn't have deployment orders if he hasn't even reported to his duty station. All his orders tell him is to report to Unit XYZ at Base ABC on this date, nothing else.
Thanks, something we all need to remember.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonMom View Post
My son graduated XXX and did the week of hometown recruiting, reported to his base on XXXX and deployed XXXX. It was like a whirlwind! He too didn't tell us about his deployment orders at first...but he finally did when we were alone one day. I think he was hesitant because he didn't know how we were going to react as we had originally thought he wouldn't deploy until XXX...
You probably should edit this message since it contains dates...

-Fireball

Last edited by Fireball; 03-25-2008 at 08:08 PM..