armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Private First Class

Red face "coming home" from bootcamp question...!!

Hi My boyfriend is in bootcamp right now and will graduate in Aug. he said he will be able to come home for a week before he goes back for the rest of his training in Virginia for 11 weeks... But now in his letters it makes it sound like he wont be coming home for a week after grad.! Do they usually come home for a week after grad.?? Is there any chance that he wouldn't come home?? Please give me all the info. on this! Thank you!
Chelsea

Old 07-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Recruit

Default hope this helps ya

My husband is graduating from boot camp on Friday! When he enlisted he was told the samething you get a week before tech school off. So him leaving suddenly didn't seem so bad till he got there and found he didn't get a week off! he gets the week while in tech school during the end! Sooo Im flying to the base wed am to be there for his graduation and I am returning home w/o him I wouldn't get ur hopes up that he will be coming home for a week after boot camp....Alot of pple I know were told this and they never got leave till the end of tech school......sorry
hugs
proud army wife

Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

It is generally best to only post your question in ONE forum. You get better responces this way.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via AIM to BeaufordBuddy

After graduating basic a soldier is shipped directly to his/her AIT location. When that soldier arrives there they are generally given a two-day weekend pass to spend with their family in the local area. I've never heard a soldier getting a week's leave right after basic training.