armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Default Where are the moderators?

Why are kids handing out information on the military when they've never served a day in their lives?

Why are troublemakers, who add nothing to the discussions, allowed to remain without interference?

Why are people allowed to use titles in their screen names they've not earned?

This site has the potential to be a good site, and attract many members of the actual units rather than the 14 year olds that love to guess about them.

Many of the discussions are offened ruined by a few that would rather stir trouble than allow for good conversation/discussion/debate.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
Why are kids handing out information on the military when they've never served a day in their lives?
Because nowadays you can find everything on the net......except that young people are so naive that they believe everything they read from the net as the truth even though the net is the best place to spread disinformation......

That is why they then disregard anything anyone else says that can actually be fact and true based on actual experience as blatant lies.....sad.....

And they might also call you snobby

Old 07-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman_42
Because nowadays you can find everything on the net......except that young people are so naive that they believe everything they read from the net as the truth even though the net is the best place to spread disinformation......

That is why they then disregard anything anyone else says that can actually be fact and true based on actual experience as blatant lies.....sad.....

And they might also call you snobby
Quite true, which is why I'm curious the moderators are not stepping in and disallowing this. A huge majority of information on this site is wrong - there are people pretending to be things they are not, and giving advice to kids about to enlist. I find this very disturbing, and most people are getting ready to sign 4 years of their life away.

Oh well, we'll see if someone is willing to step up and fix the problem - otherwise, it isn't going to be much more than a paintball/PS2 SOCOM fan clan.

I'm too mean to be snobby - and I haven't been able to shoot anyone in the face today, so I'm ultra grouchy.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Sergeant

Yeah, this forum needs moderation more than any I've been to. How is it not?

Tacky, you should find out who (if there even is one) the moderator is, and petition to get someone new...or at least get the person to do some work. Either that, or see if you can *become* the moderator of this forum. I wouldn't mind that job myself, but humbly I admit that I don't know everything about the topics that go on here.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Sergeant

Default Dispel the Misinformation!!

Amen to the previous posts. I was browsing through so many of the post here and was dumbfounded by the absurd information and advice being handed out. Having served both in the Regular Army and in the Reserves I wasn't born yesterday. However, there is apparently some idiot parading around here masquerading as a recruiter claiming to be a spec-5... now those haven't existed in a while. To boot, he is giving out insane advice and pointing out in each of his posts that he's a recruiter!!! Laughable. Yes, moderators are sorely needed. I signed up for my very own screen name just so I could possibly help give out CORRECT information and first hand accounts of military service.

And, to introduce myself:
I am Nichole. I enlisted active duty in 1998, served overseas in 1999 in support of Operation Joint Forge and Noble Anvil in Croatia and Bosnia. This included the Kosovo Campaign. I got off of Active Duty when my husband and I found out we were expecting and I had multiple pregnancy related complications. After the birth of my daughter I joined the Reserves and then volunteered for active service after September 11, 2001. After serving two weeks of voluntary active duty my entire reserve unit was mobilized for Operation Enduring Freedom. I Served an additional 16 months on active duty. During this time I was promoted to Sergeant, I attended PLDC with the Active Duty Army at Ft. Hood, Texas in September 2002.

My husband was also a Sergeant with the Military Police. He was medically discharged after six years of service and is currently rated by the VA at 40% pending re-evaluation.

Anyone with questions pertaining to military service is more than welcome to PM me. I don't know everything, but I know enough to point you in the right direction.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky

Why are troublemakers, who add nothing to the discussions, allowed to remain without interference?

Why are people allowed to use titles in their screen names they've not earned?

This site has the potential to be a good site, and attract many members of the actual units rather than the 14 year olds that love to guess about them.

Many of the discussions are offened ruined by a few that would rather stir trouble than allow for good conversation/discussion/debate.

Hey man im 15 and i havent posted anything wrong or incorrect on this site.
"should I take this as an offense" All im saying is this is only done by some people not all of us unlike some the rest of us are responsible enough to follow the rules and not write fake posts to try to get some attention.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to SoldierofAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847

Hey man im 15 and i havent posted anything wrong or incorrect on this site.
"should I take this as an offense" All im saying is this is only done by some people not all of us unlike some the rest of us are responsible enough to follow the rules and not write fake posts to try to get some attention.
Don't worry they were referring to somebody specific. I don't think you have done anything to piss ppl off.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Sorry for the lack of moderation. We've been working on other parts of the site and have been slacking in the forums. We'll be working on getting some moderators over the next few weeks, in the mean time I'm going through, forum by forum, and cleaning things up.

If you want to help out use the "Report Post" icon. Above each post is a little triangle icon. Click it and give a reason why the post is a problem and it will be added to the queue. I'll see it and take appropriate action. If you prefer, you can email [email="webmaster@army.com"]webmaster@activv.com[/email] and include the link and a description of the problem and we'll take care of it.

Thanks for your patience and feedback.

-Admin

Last edited by admin; 08-31-2005 at 01:13 PM..

Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Sorry for the lack of moderation. We've been working on other parts of the site and have been slacking in the forums. We'll be working on getting some moderators over the next few weeks, in the mean time I'm going through, forum by forum, and cleaning things up.

If you want to help out use the "Report Post" icon. Above each post is a little triangle icon. Click it and give a reason why the post is a problem and it will be added to the queue. I'll see it and take appropriate action. If you prefer, you can email [email="webmaster@army.com"]webmaster@activv.com[/email] and include the link and a description of the problem and we'll take care of it.

Thanks for your patience and feedback.

-Admin
Fantastic. tough good active moderators are hard to come by..
and the new ones might have a heart attack when they see the
"Who has the best army" thread. remember to suply them with
sufficient amount of stress releavers and nitros.

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 09-01-2005 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Colonel

lolololol
omg Torspo, im laughing too hard to drink my coffee.