armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
When you enlist in the Army you take an oath. The oath states that you will follow the orders of the President,the Officer's and the NCO' s appointed over you. It does not state that you can follow the orders if it is conveiniant for you!! If you feel that family issues may impede your ability to deploy then you need to NOT join the Army. The Army has a program called EFMP (exceptional family memeber program) if your family has issues that need addressed then the EFMP will help take care of those issues while you are deployed. They need to have legitimate problems, not you cant deploy because your wife will miss you. I for one am sick of people who want to join the Army as long as they dont have to do certain things!!! When I joined in 1983 the only gaurentee I had was the Army would pay me, feed me and give me a place to sleep!
I think Mr Keen and MS. Missinhim need to read my originnal post again. I gave an open and honest answer along with useful information. I also stated my disdain for those who want to join the Army and then try and shirk their responsibilities. The Oath is serious...some people, especially the younger set of this world no longer appreciate the sanctity of an oath. I took the opportunity ,with his "question" to show how serious this matter is and how serious those of us have served take it. I didnt point any fingers at him personally. I only stated what I have seen come to this site since I retired last year. Mr Keen decided to answer my post's in a defensive manner and proceeded to cry about me "yelling" at him. I am not going to apoligize for only bringing out the facts. If he felt attacked, maybe it was because he knew that those of us that have been around the block a few times saw right through his "question". As far as Missinhim is concerned I wonder how you are going to feel when you find out that your Hubby is going to deploy because someone found a way to avoid deployment and he is going to have to take their place??

Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM
First Lieutenant

no. i know exactly where your coming from and where he's coming from completly. but we should calm down. and ya im sure you have been fighting longer than i've been alive. 16 years 5 months? but i really appreciate it. but he did state that he wouldn't refuse it..but what if something happened with your parents or any part of your immediate family while you were in basic or afterwards. would you be able to go and help out with family? and then return to what you were doing or is that absolutly not possible. i think thats more of how he ment it. well have a good day!

and how long have you been doing this? just wondering

Old 03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default How Long??

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
no. i know exactly where your coming from and where he's coming from completly. but we should calm down. and ya im sure you have been fighting longer than i've been alive. 16 years 5 months? but i really appreciate it. but he did state that he wouldn't refuse it..but what if something happened with your parents or any part of your immediate family while you were in basic or afterwards. would you be able to go and help out with family? and then return to what you were doing or is that absolutly not possible. i think thats more of how he ment it. well have a good day! and how long have you been doing this? just wondering

24 years 8 mos and 14 days before I retired in Nov. of 2008. Never would have retired but got hurt in Iraq and was forced to medically retire. I completely understand what he was asking and I completely agree that if your parents or a loved one was sick and needed you then there is a reason to DELAY deployment...not deploy at all.. He could deinantly take care of his Family first. Maybe I am too old fashioned but I really think that some people are just way too sensitive. Sensitivity while a great trait can get people hurt in Combat.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
First Lieutenant

wow that is along time! how did you get hurt if you don't mind me asking?
i would be scared to death if i ever had to go to Iraq.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Sergeant First Class

Default Woops!!!

I actually meant to post my previous on missinhims private mail. Dadblame newfangled word processors !!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Corporal

you can Edit your own posts and delete the personal info. Click the Edit icon under your post.
All good. I actually appreciated it.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Private First Class

People who attempted to tell me to gain skin or crap like that your all *******s. First of all THIS IS NOT THE ARMY IT IS THE INTERNET. So theres no reason to go off on someone like that.You might of served in the past but I have not. Therefore thanks for the education and respectable answers. I'm sure they taught some of you are respect in Training. Last time I checked none of you were Drill instructers here. This is not a debate board on rather I'm trying to get my *** out of deployment those who think that about me can screw off. Have a nice day friends.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

This is the intenet, so a fair point; but since you're actively pursuing the Army, we assume that you are going to join. Your Drill Sergeant isn't going to be a nice guy. Our point about getting thicker skin is a valid one. If you can't take some anonymous lashings here, how are you going to handle a 250 pound guy screaming in your face?

We're simply putting our thoughts about your post out there. This is an open board after all.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Thick Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
This is the intenet, so a fair point; but since you're actively pursuing the Army, we assume that you are going to join. Your Drill Sergeant isn't going to be a nice guy. Our point about getting thicker skin is a valid one. If you can't take some anonymous lashings here, how are you going to handle a 250 pound guy screaming in your face?

We're simply putting our thoughts about your post out there. This is an open board after all.

Ditto Sniper!!
It seems to me that if he cant take a "yelling" online he is going to last about 2 minutes in BCT

Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post

No your attempting to make me look like a coward and saying I'm trying to get out of Deployment. I had a simple question and you *******s turned it into a huge pointless argument. Point is Your not my drill Instructor so you should answer a question respectably to someone that has no idea on how the army works. Other Soldiers are suppose to help other Soldiers in the army are they not? And not go off on them for asking a small question like this. only reason why I came here is to get advise, not be called a coward. And start big debates like this. If you dont like the question dont answer, simple as that let someone with respect for newer Recurites answer it. Also Telling me to get skin is just an excuse for you guy's to go off on me for no reason, I'd say backing myself up is having enough "skin".