armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Private

Send a message via AIM to Vudue Priest
Thumbs up New to E.O.D.

How are all ya? I'm new to the forums, and just joined up a few weeks ago. Just trying to get a sence of comrotory before I ship on Dec. 30th.

I guess I can give you all the particulars.

Enlisted E-3 Private 1st class (college didnt do much for me out of the service but I get a boost here haha)

Scored a 76 on my ASVAB (I realize this isn't very impressive but in all honesty have you tried to do math after a 2 year break from it? I don't know if this is good but I scored 117 all across the board... I don't know what that translates out to mean, but my recruiter was impressed by my consistancy. Mabe one of you can explain that to me?)

I am shipping to Fort Jackson for 9 weeks and 4 days of basic

After that a nice relaxing stay in Redstone Alabama for my AIT training(I'm quite aware that EOD training is supposed to suck as far as PT is concerned but it should be fun)

My supposed MOS is 89 Delta or E.O.D.

Can't wait to meet some of ya.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudue Priest View Post
How are all ya? I'm new to the forums, and just joined up a few weeks ago. Just trying to get a sence of comrotory before I ship on Dec. 30th.

Enlisted E-3 Private 1st class (college didnt do much for me out of the service but I get a boost here haha)

Scored a 76 on my ASVAB (I realize this isn't very impressive but in all honesty have you tried to do math after a 2 year break from it? I don't know if this is good but I scored 117 all across the board... I don't know what that translates out to mean, but my recruiter was impressed by my consistancy. Mabe one of you can explain that to me?)

After that a nice relaxing stay in Redstone Alabama for my AIT training(I'm quite aware that EOD training is supposed to suck as far as PT is concerned but it should be fun)

Welcome to the Forums mate...Its a good crowd here 99% of the time...I dont know what constitutes a good mark in the US tests but Im sure an American member can fill you in(76 sound alright to me...and hey you passed at the end of day )

Welcome onboard mate....keep posting
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 12-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Private

Thanks a heap. I appceciate the warm welcome

Old 12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Brigadier General

Welcome, Vudue! Don't forget to get the T-shirt after you finish E.O.D. School -

"EOD- If You See Me Running, Try To Catch Up!"

A cop friend of mine who does bomb disposal work for the department has one. I almost crapped my pants the first time I saw it.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Welcome, Vudue! Don't forget to get the T-shirt after you finish E.O.D. School -

"EOD- If You See Me Running, Try To Catch Up!"

A cop friend of mine who does bomb disposal work for the department has one. I almost crapped my pants the first time I saw it.
LOL...now thats funny MSG
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 12-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:

You didn't have an overall score of 117, you had a GT score of 117. ASVAB main score only goes up to 99.

As for EOD and PT, it doesn't suck at all. You just have to meet the minimum Army standards. Not that difficult.

Redstone will suck because of how it's ran. If you get through Redstone, you'll enjoy your time at Eglin AFB.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Private

I see... heres a question then. If I my AIT for Redstone is supposed to be 10 weeks 1 day, does that mean I will be spending more time than what I was told for training?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:14 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:

Hi Voodoo, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy our crazy debates, and hope to see your contris soon...

Youll enjoy EOD, its a cool job!!.. Know one or two lads in EOD in Ireland and they love what they do.

Best Regards
John

p.s. Love the clown signature pic, its freakin halarious!!..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I see... heres a question then. If I my AIT for Redstone is supposed to be 10 weeks 1 day, does that mean I will be spending more time than what I was told for training?
Your AIT at Redstone is simply your weeding out phase for EOD. EOD school doesn't actually begin until after you get through Redstone ... then you'll PCS (move) down to Eglin AFB, Florida. It takes about 9 months to get through the actual EOD school (NAVSCOLEOD). That's if you don't roll any of the divisions.

It is surprising to me they didn't tell you this. You realize as EOD you'll be rendering safe unexploded ordnance and IEDs right? Basically, you're going to be the Army's bomb squad ... 10 weeks wouldn't be enough time to teach you what you need to know.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Your AIT at Redstone is simply your weeding out phase for EOD. EOD school doesn't actually begin until after you get through Redstone ... then you'll PCS (move) down to Eglin AFB, Florida. It takes about 9 months to get through the actual EOD school (NAVSCOLEOD). That's if you don't roll any of the divisions.

It is surprising to me they didn't tell you this. You realize as EOD you'll be rendering safe unexploded ordnance and IEDs right? Basically, you're going to be the Army's bomb squad ... 10 weeks wouldn't be enough time to teach you what you need to know.
Yea I figured something wasn't quite right. No I knew exactly what I was getting into. Acctually I specifically requested it because of the type of work I want to do when and if I choose not to re-enlist. I am just supprised MEPS didn't include that lil tid bit of information about the real training after basic. Thanks for the heads up Tacky.

But what will I be doing at Redstone then? Will it be more PT or a more intense basic? I guess I just don't understand how people can get weeded out without taking part in the ordenance learning program.

Tags
89 delta, 89d, e.o.d., eod