armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Recruit

Default Join army soon, some Q'z..?

I have recentley signed up for the army.. And I am a little confused.. I've had a few friends in the army, none of whom I talk 2 anymore, and the military.

Is basic training hard to the point you feel like you can't make it? I can endure a hefty physical beating, I used to play sports everyday sometimes allday.

I'm joining not only to help the country I live in, but to get a head start on my career, I went to college to be an IT, but found it wasn't for me. I hate being in a desk 7hrs a day.. And I figure doing things involving computers for the government couldn't get/look better.. Yes/No?

Another thing is after bootcamp, what will happen? Where will I go, how long will I be there? What will I be doing?

Also, a recruiter told me since I'm married, I'd recieve 2400 dollars a month for me and my spouse, I would like to take care of her sending her money every week while she works, but I don't want her 2 have access, I don't trust in her money management skills. Will that money be put into my bank account? Will she HAVE to have access? Or will it be split?

Thank you, plz reply soon. God bless all, we do love you.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Private First Class

Default Clarify Some things..

What is the basic outline of your contract? Where will you be going for BCT? And If you know, where will your AIT be?

-It helps to give some more information...

Old 05-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Recruit

Have you already joined?

Old 05-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25PSoldier
Have you already joined?
Yes. I am in the Split-Op program. I've been to Basic, and now seving as an Army Reservist until I ship to my MOS training in August. Then I will be active duty for the next 3 1/2 - 4 years.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Sergeant First Class

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRaN
Also, a recruiter told me since I'm married, I'd recieve 2400 dollars a month for me and my spouse, I would like to take care of her sending her money every week while she works, but I don't want her 2 have access, I don't trust in her money management skills. Will that money be put into my bank account? Will she HAVE to have access? Or will it be split?

OK man dont let your wife see this or you may have very big problems.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRaN

Thank you, plz reply soon. God bless all, we do love you.
I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to drop that money in her lap! Believe me, I sympathize! But, the Army intends for your BAH to be for living quarters to take care of your spouse. We had a couple guys who were living away from their "estranged" wives that got in a wee bit of trouble for pocketing the cash or not sending all to the free loader. Just be careful!!

Old 08-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Private

Default You will find out, .... later ... :)

Regarding your other questions, ...

those things will be determined after you have graduated from all of your training unless your initial contract had an initial assignment clause (which is not uncommon). The specifics will be determined after you graduate from all of your training. Combat Arms AIT is pretty much just like boot camp. Non combat arms AITs are slightly different. If you qualify to get into the military, you ( generally) are qualified to graduate from training. The rest is up to you.