armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
Ok Guys I didn't mean to start a big battle on here, when I was talking about what was going on with my son. You all are right about alot of things, but first and formost is the safety of your boys and girls out there fighting for our freedom. I know that we are losing to many soilders out there and what ever I need to do to help them I will so if that means I don't talk about where they are and when they are going somewhere on here that is fine.

I have learned another leason on here as well that is once a soilder always a soilder. That is not a bad thing, it is a good thing, in some cases. My son who is home for a few days, looks better sounds better and has a differnet outlook on life than he ever has. For that I am thankful. Just knowing he is ready, willing and able to go over and let some other guys who need a break come home, to see their families and get ready to do it again until it is over meas alot to me. He told me last night that his job was to help the peolpe ove there live as free as we are. I knw that in his heart he means that.

You know when this war started I thought it would be no time and our soilders would be home and it would be over. But now we are in the sixth year, and I am not a soilder but I don't see the end yet. I know we are the home of the free and the brave. We have lost so many men, because they are tried, I am glad that my son is one of the ones who wants to make it happen for them.

Thanks for all of you guys, I look at things alot differnet then I did.
Why would you start a battle Mtomom?... they are some heart felt comments from an Army mom... Im glad you see those positive changes, and its awesome your Sons outlook is so good on the job... some say his "steel" will be tested, but I say his "steel" will be forged in times to come making a warrior of the highest quality...

....and yes, from from an old dog like me... "you can take the man out of the Army, but not the Army out of the man!"...

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default Army Values.....

Quote:
I have learned another leason on here as well that is once a soilder always a soilder.
Thanks for all of you guys, I look at things alot differnet then I did.
Mtomom,
Thanxs, Jackson's mom is cool. I didn't realise she apologized until after the fact. I said, what I felt I had to say and it's over. It's the simple things that matter and when it comes to the safety of soldier's and our families....

All parents think the same no matter how much we try to keep their minds at ease. That said, It's best to keep the faith and stay focus on everyday life. I know it's very hard to adjust to not having your son around everyday and keeping your mind busy so to not worry about your son every minute of the day must be very hard. But your not alone. Try to understand that the Army has trained professionals to look after your son like their own. And we look out for them. The truth is ...we are family. The people outside the Army is proud of each and everyone of us sure...but the truth is they all don't understand what we go through as members of the Army family. They support us.....

We also need the support of our mission.I know you will be strong for your son so he will not have to worry about you.....and I admire your love for your son. Don't worry mom, your son will never be by himself and I promise we will always be there for him and you.

It's about the soldiers beside us. We look after our own like brothers.We're all different colors.. red white blue black and yellow. We're all different...yet all the same. Simple really..All we have is each other... We are an American soldier and a member of a team. A soldiers creed. And We will honor our country, our Army, my unit, and my fellow Soldiers by living the Army values. A soldiers Code.

God bless and keep the faith.

Spc.Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Ok Guys I didn't mean to start a big battle on here, when I was talking about what was going on with my son.
Me either and I apologize again, I was making fun of myself for being an idiot and I didn't mean to imply anything was a joke, I certainly did not mean to offend anyone..

Quote:
I have learned another leason on here as well that is once a soilder always a soilder. That is not a bad thing, it is a good thing, in some cases. My son who is home for a few days, looks better sounds better and has a differnet outlook on life than he ever has. .
It is amazing how much they change after basic, I don't know how old your son is but mine was a 19 year old kid when he joined, now he is a 20 year old man.

As soon as your son reports to post find out about his unit's FRG (Family Readiness Group) and get on their call list. Since my son deployed, they have kept me informed the whole time and it is news that our son's cannot tell us. I wish you and your soldier the best...

Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonMom View Post
My son graduated XXX and did the week of hometown recruiting, reported to his base on XXXX and deployed XXXX. It was like a whirlwind! He too didn't tell us about his deployment orders at first...but he finally did when we were alone one day. I think he was hesitant because he didn't know how we were going to react as we had originally thought he wouldn't deploy until XXX...
You probably should edit this message since it contains dates...

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Last edited by Fireball; 03-25-2008 at 07:08 PM..

Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Done, but you've quoted me twice...I was going to PM you and ask you to edit yours also, but just hadn't yet...Thanks..

Last edited by JacksonMom; 03-25-2008 at 12:48 PM..

Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Fire, same for you as your quoted it with dates still in it...

Old 03-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Staff Sergeant

Cool

GLad I found this place! You know my girls don't understand why I try to keep up with what is going on over there, They seemd to think that I have just started watching the news and they asked me on easter why are you watching that stuff. I told them I have been watching it and just because my son is going over there I am not going to stop watching it. How else can I stay informed.

I know that he will be fine. I raised my childern to believe all of us are one big family. You should always help the ones beside you and don't ask for something in return. If you don't the good lord will see you through. I know I am trying to give my son freely and I know the good lord will take care of him. Don't misunderstand, I know those soilders out there will be the body and soul to see him through. But God is watching where I can't!

Cooking Hooters wings tonight for him. His wife he couldn't go there, but he could eat the wings. All of his buddy shooting pool here at the house, I am sure it is going to get loud. Love it whileI can!

Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
GLad I found this place! You know my girls don't understand why I try to keep up with what is going on over there, They seemd to think that I have just started watching the news and they asked me on easter why are you watching that stuff. I told them I have been watching it and just because my son is going over there I am not going to stop watching it. How else can I stay informed.

I know that he will be fine. I raised my childern to believe all of us are one big family. You should always help the ones beside you and don't ask for something in return. If you don't the good lord will see you through. I know I am trying to give my son freely and I know the good lord will take care of him. Don't misunderstand, I know those soilders out there will be the body and soul to see him through. But God is watching where I can't!

Cooking Hooters wings tonight for him. His wife he couldn't go there, but he could eat the wings. All of his buddy shooting pool here at the house, I am sure it is going to get loud. Love it whileI can!
I waiver between wanting to know and not wanting to know too much. I had to close down the news sites on my homepage because I was reading stuff that would freak me out, especially if I hadn't had an email in a few days. I don't watch world news that much, mostly because I don't get full control of the remote control until late at night. I just pray every day for his safety and the safety of his fellow soldiers, and breathe a sigh of relief every time I see his name in my incoming email list.

Sounds like you are having fun! There's nothing like having a house full of rowdy kids.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Fire, same for you as your quoted it with dates still in it...
Done deal Bear..

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 03-26-2008, 04:40 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:

You go Mom, enjoy the quality time!!...