armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi-solja
hmm, though personally i dont give the British any credit during WW2. I give it all to the yanks and russini's. Afterall, they were the two largest nations on earth afterward hey
Mate i really have to jump in here, your statement is so far from the truth i am almost speechless, if Britain had not fought as hard as it did for as long as it did The Third Reich would have controlled all of Europe and the USSR. This is not personal opinion this is just fact, it was Britain that urged the US to join the fight against germany, it was british sailors on the Artic Convoys taking supplies to the Russians, please research what you say before you make really very very offensive statements like this.

Cheers

K

Old 05-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey
Mate i really have to jump in here, your statement is so far from the truth i am almost speechless, if Britain had not fought as hard as it did for as long as it did The Third Reich would have controlled all of Europe and the USSR. This is not personal opinion this is just fact, it was Britain that urged the US to join the fight against germany, it was british sailors on the Artic Convoys taking supplies to the Russians, please research what you say before you make really very very offensive statements like this.

Cheers

K
Furthermore, there would have been no staging post for the D-Day invasion, and there would have been little resistance in Norther Africa, giving the Germans much needed oil supplies. Germany would also have been able to put much less manpower into manning the atlanticwall, because any invasion from American would be sighted long before it reached the shores and the Germans would have been able to react as appropriate.
Oh, and one more thing, the huge allied bombing campain by Britain and the US would never have been able to come into force with no bases in Britain.
All these factors would have allowed the eastern front to be put under much less strain, with better equipment due to intact facilities because they were not bombed and a mobile force because the tanks would have oil from Africa that was not defended by British troops.

Some people can be really offended by the ignorant youth of taday saying how **** Britain did in the war, what about those who lost limbs,friends, mothers, fathers, brother, sisters, sons and daughters through britains steadfast endurance.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Recruit

Right on the money mate, Ask anyone who was around during the war and the sacrifices they made, not just losed loved ones but everyday things like food, would be beyond most people today.

K

Old 05-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Staff Sergeant

Ozzi solja im sorry but your comment about not giving the British any credit is beyond bloody belief. If we had not stopped the German invasion from conquering the UK, all of Europe would have crippled and no-one could have saved it. We had to fight alone for 3 years before America showed. We had to endure night after night of bombing raids. Does the Battle of Britain sound framilia? A little island like ourselves took on the mighty Nazi empire in the skies and won! This was alone (with Canadian pilots)! Have you forgotten the machines we built for the allies aswell? (Spitfire, Hurricane, P-51 Mustang which is an American plane but used the Rollce royce spitfire engine, lancaster bomber. Any of them sound framilia?) Please dont insult us like that, we lost not only soldiers beyond belief but thousands of civillians aswell, yet we deserve no credit?

Dude you've really hit a nerve with me on that one!

Old 05-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Sergeant First Class

4 1 thing the yanks didn't need any urging to join the war, they joined as soon as pearl harbor, they joined in 1941 i know that. and the brits lost tobruk but with the help of american intelligence were able to take it again. the only reason the brits won they're part of the war is bcus of american/british/french intelligence, yes french. they made a superb diagram of the normandy beaches wich gaeve a clear idea of it to the allies. but i g2g congradulate all allied forces, they all did ther part

Old 05-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Staff Sergeant

So your saying the only reason the British won their part of the war was because of America and France? Are you saying that America won their part because of Britain and France then because thats what I think? You probably think they won their part on their own? You seem to think that we didnt do anyhting without America's help yet the battle of Britain (the biggest air engagement) we won, even though we were out numbered 4-1! That was our finest hour....simple as! Yes there was a massive joint force between all nations, but independantly we had to fight the most before America showed up. Plus we were getting blitzed, America didnt have to endure that!

Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to royal marine

woah zzie uve hit a nerve on me 2 so shut the **** up about that u stupid non_military expert....u are such a ****er....we beat romel and his forces esay and stopped em from getting oil als battle of britain....we had 362 planes they had 2867 but hey we're soo crap that we beat them.....uhu i get that now......and also who planned the DDAY assault and who fought most with amazing gallantry at arnhem bridge u fucin piece of ozzie ****y wanker knob end.......go and speak some more bollocks that u need to read up b4 u say it

P.S....we were the 1s who always supply you and also invaded u so shut up u piece of ****

Old 05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Sergeant

Would be really nice to have a retort from the 'ozzi solja' rite now....

Old 05-27-2005, 06:08 AM
Command Sergeant Major

sorry, **** didnt realise i had stirred up a hornets nest.

first of all, it wasnt a statement Whiskey, it was a personal opinion. damn right it isnt factual, its an opinion. an opinion NOT justified by the amount of fighting undertaken during the war, but the fact that the Soviets took the east, and the US did a ****in fine job of supplying the entire pacific war effort.

in fact, it was entirely a stupid thing to say. but the amount of personal offence that everyone took to it, **** you guys, hold onto your chairs or you might fly away.

but to royal marine, sit down and shut the **** up.

Britain didnt supply us, the United States did. stiff **** mr 'military expert'

secondly, congratualtions of beating Rommel in North Africa, i sooo hadnt heard that before. need i remind you that it was an Australian division that was there, composing most of the North Africa allied forces. heard of the 'rats of Tobruk'??

and as far as i know, the Brits did plan DDay, whoopdie do, but they still only made up half the force. the fact that the orginal idea was British means jack ****.

again, what i said was stupid, lay off and get back to assault rifles

Old 05-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Command Sergeant Major

and another thing 'marine', stop the bull**** about invading australia, it was COLONISED... DUH. we've never been invaded you dick, get your terminology and your facts right