armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Please don't hand out advice to those looking to join. You don't have the experience or knowledge to give correct information, and all it does is detract from the answers the person is looking for. Those of us that do have it, have to take away from them to correct you.

There's no need for a defensive reply to this ... just take what I said and try to apply it. We're trying to help people looking to join on here by giving them factual information.
no i dont have the experience but my husband has for 5 plus and i get my info from him so take it up with him. he'd know better then myself. hes going for warrent officer when he gets back from iraq. im not getting defensive by the way im just clarifying. i know they make more money then regular officers. i didnt say they make a certain amount i just know they do make more money then general officers do. a few hundred probably i dont know the statistics. hes finance he would know.

the opinion on warrent officers is what i hear from people i know in the military not my own judgement causei dont know.

but anyways no one answered my damn question, isnt there a deadline.

i just talked to him and he was saying warrent officers get more respect from enlisted personal becauselot have been in on average about 8 years before goin warrent. other then commissioned offricers who come straight out of college and have had no experience in the military. its just simple as that ya know? id give more respect to people whos had the experience to the ones who havent. also he says financially they make more then commissioned officers allthe way up to major then they get maid more there is a pay scale which u should look up. warrent officers get paid more then leutenants and captains. so dont tell me i dont have good info, when the person who deals with the finances isstanding right next to me...and hes nota dumb ***.

jesus. sry for sellingand gramemr errors im half awake cranky and i cant see **** atm

Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

We need a moderator to prevent this **** from continuing. I'm trying not to call you a ****ing moron, but it is proving difficult and your husband needs to look at the ****ing pay chart.

WOs do not make more than commissioned officers.

Stick to the wives discussions, all you're doing is detracting from putting factual information on this board. Grow the **** up, this isn't about your ignorant little ego.

Jesus Christ.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
We need a moderator to prevent this **** from continuing. I'm trying not to call you a ****ing moron, but it is proving difficult and your husband needs to look at the ****ing pay chart.

WOs do not make more than commissioned officers.

Stick to the wives discussions, all you're doing is detracting from putting factual information on this board. Grow the **** up, this isn't about your ignorant little ego.

Jesus Christ.
Eliptica,

I know you are trying to help... but Tacky is right on this... there are differences between WO and O.

Here is the link to the pay chart ... it says 2006 on the file link... but the website shows 2007...

[url]http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/2006militarypaytables.html[/url]

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Major General

Quote:
We need a moderator to prevent this **** from continuing.
Grimm not upto the Job Tacky?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:

There's no need for a defensive reply to this ... just take what I said and try to apply it. We're trying to help people looking to join on here by giving them factual information.
I'm glad you said it Master Sergeant Tacky! There's no worse information than wrong information. I hope you'll correct anything anyone says, myself included. My info goes back 3 years & lots can change. I'm trying to stay current as I'm trying to get that $2000 bonus our nation will give to retirees for getting a young person to enlist!
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliptica24 View Post

i just talked to him and he was saying warrent officers get more respect from enlisted other then commissioned offricers who come straight out of college and have had no experience in the military.
Warrant Officers Candidates can be recruited directly from civilian life. Ft. Rucker Rotary Wing School is full of them.

The only way a W1 can make alot more than a 2LT is if he had lots of time in service as an enlisted man. The pay scale is about the same for W1 thru CWO4 and 2LT thru Major otherwise.

Please knock off the defensiveness. Tacky is a serving Active Duty Master Sergeant & I'm a retired MSG with 27 years in. Some of my facts might not be entirely accurate because I've been out of the loop for a few years. Tacky hasn't.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Last edited by MSG Glenn; 10-05-2007 at 01:54 PM..

Old 10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Sergeant First Class

im not i was just correcting him on him assuming its me just throwing random thoughts out.

the huband might be wrong withthe military scale because he was marines and hes been out......4 years? so it mightve changed but still. not trying to be defensive and hes on this site somewhere so take it up with him.

but like i said before can someone answer the question on age limitation on reenlisting? lol thats the 3rd time.

in being a warrent officer, i thought a stipulation was having prior experience.....maybe the recruited is specific mos? not sure.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
I'm glad you said it Master Sergeant Tacky! There's no worse information than wrong information. I hope you'll correct anything anyone says, myself included. My info goes back 3 years & lots can change. I'm trying to stay current as I'm trying to get that $2000 bonus our nation will give to retirees for getting a young person to enlist!
They are offering it to retirees too? Nice.

A friend of mine's son has pulled in 10K doing that through the National Guard. He's putting it all away for his future too .. smart kid.

As to the topic:

Excuse my loss of patience earlier, it gets old having to correct certain ones all of the time. To better explain the cirumstances that a WO can make more than an officer .. he'll have to have time in service, and even then he doesn't make more for long. Let's say you have a W-1 with 8 years in service, he's making 3,193.50 a month. A 2nd LT with less than two years is making 2,469.30... by the time he makes Cpt. he's making 4,392.00. Your W-1 could at least be a W-2 by then, maybe even a W-3. At W-3 with 12 years 4,129.20 .. whereas the young Cpt. with 4 years is making 4,392.00. So, WOs do not make more than commissioned officers .. I am enlisted and I make more than most WOs with my special pays.

WOs are also not given more respect necessarily, just because someone was prior enlisted doesn't mean he's not a POS. Respect is earned through the individual, not the rank. It's easy to toss up a salute to someone and not respect them.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Eliptica,

I know you are trying to help... but Tacky is right on this... there are differences between WO and O.

Here is the link to the pay chart ... it says 2006 on the file link... but the website shows 2007...

[url]http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/2006militarypaytables.html[/url]

i looked up on that, hmmmaybe it is marine info, hey im just running witht he info he was telling to me at the moment of typing...

hey iwas reading the notes on number 3. what does it mean with points?

i conceid that statement but tacky still no reason to be cussing at me.and im not stupid for not having all the info.just ignorant and now im not i read up. ill show the hubby the scale.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
They are offering it to retirees too? Nice.

A friend of mine's son has pulled in 10K doing that through the National Guard. He's putting it all away for his future too .. smart kid.

As to the topic:

Excuse my loss of patience earlier, it gets old having to correct certain ones all of the time. To better explain the cirumstances that a WO can make more than an officer .. he'll have to have time in service, and even then he doesn't make more for long. Let's say you have a W-1 with 8 years in service, he's making 3,193.50 a month. A 2nd LT with less than two years is making 2,469.30... by the time he makes Cpt. he's making 4,392.00. Your W-1 could at least be a W-2 by then, maybe even a W-3. At W-3 with 12 years 4,129.20 .. whereas the young Cpt. with 4 years is making 4,392.00. So, WOs do not make more than commissioned officers .. I am enlisted and I make more than most WOs with my special pays.

WOs are also not given more respect necessarily, just because someone was prior enlisted doesn't mean he's not a POS. Respect is earned through the individual, not the rank. It's easy to toss up a salute to someone and not respect them.

ok so he was accurate and what he was explaining, ok ya cause he was talking about people who go WO around 8-12 years. ya for the respect thing i understand but it is more likely to be respected for having the back ground instead of trying to tell someone whos been in a couple years by an officer with 0 experience and it makin sense....