armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Private

Default LES question

I'm still learning how the LES work. We can see my husband's LES on line now. It doesn't have the breakout at the moment that his previous LESs had. Is the net pay amount that's showing for the entire month or for what is being paid this Oct 15th?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

net amount is that period. okay, off of memory, there are a bunch of box's on top that will give pay dates, social, grade, and a bunch other info. then under there will be a big box that has his pay, this will have BAH, family seperation, and any other pay he may get. next to that will be another big box with tax's and withdraws. then all the way over to the right it should have some small box's with a smaller brakdown that just list the amounts with total for that month pay under that. then ofcourse under all of this is more small boxes with depends, and a bunch of other info. does that make any sense to anyone? lol

Old 10-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Private

The one that's showing now doesn't have all that break out. That's why it confused me. I was told though (after I sent my question) that the end of month statement will have the breakout. What's strange though is that the amount for oct 15 just seems to high. It has me thinking that the Nov 1 amount will be considerably lower.

I guess their still figuring out his pay or something. He just got out of school in the beginning of September. This whole thing makes budgeting very difficult.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 AM
First Lieutenant

you get two checks a month, one check will have his BAH and family seperation pay on it, so it will be higher then the other. also, if the army makes a mistake on pay, like if they payed him as a E1 and his an E2, they just dont cut a check for the amount they owe him. they will go back from the day he should get E2 pay and make a check, then subtract all the pay he recieved as an E1 and cut you a check for the difference. this happend to my husbnad. they were paying him as having no dependants and one day i ended up with an extra 1000 or so check. if you have any questions on the LES we cant seem to answer for you go to his army recruiter, they will be glad to help you out!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Private

Ahh...I didn't know that. I always thought they split BAH into two payments in the month. I swear they have a funny way of doing things. I would have called his recruiter but she's not doing that anymore. That and you guys are great at answering my questions.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
First Lieutenant

thx, anyone at the recruiter office will be more then happy to help. BAH is to help with rent and bills so you get that all at once