armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Recruit

Unhappy

Thanks ! I appreciate everyones input!

Last edited by 92Rwife; 05-19-2009 at 06:43 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via Yahoo to I Luv My Solider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rwife View Post
Hello! I am new to this site! I am the wife of a Nightstalker. I wanted to first say that I know people have their own opinions and reasons for why they or others should join the army. Well I know for my husband and I, it was for the security of the job, the bonus, and for a better life. We have two sons and are from a small town. So he joined in Nov. 19,2007. His MOS is 92R. We still have never received the enlistment and quick ship bonus he was told he would receive upon signing. After signing he left in 2 weeks! He went through 10 wks of basic, 10 wks, of AIT, and 3 wks of Airborne school. Once he got to his unit at Ft. Campbell KY, 160th SOAR, he still had not received his bonus. He went to S1, they said he did not have the paperwork for it. They said someone, either his recruiter or St. Louis MEPS must not have included the bonus package. They also said they would email MEPS and check with them, but if there were no bonus package entered, then we would not receive it!! We are very upset, and feel helpless. We have dedicated and sacrificed so much already in the little time we have been in, that I feel it is so unfair that because of someone else's mistake we have to do without! Does anyone know what we could do about this if anything??
From what I know if it isnt in the paperwork he wont recieve it. I would keep on MEPS and the recruiter.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Private First Class

Welcome to the forum 92RWife, good luck with the bonus I hope it works out for you.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Captain

Sadly, it sounds like you might be out of an enlistment bonus. If it was never written into your husband's contract then there is no way to prove he was promised one. That doesn't make it fair, I know but that is why it's important to make sure everything is in writing.

Do you have any contact with his recruiter still, that would be the only way to ensure that it was something promised otherwise it becomes a he said/she said type of thing.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Brigadier General

When my son enlisted over 5 years ago everything was listed on his contract. He had 11x with a bonus, Airborne School with a bonus, Ranger Indoctrination & a bonus to go with that & a seasonal bonus. All dollar amounts were clearly written. His bonus was received in increments & he had to apply for it at post finance which is a whole different story. Apparently the civilians working there were lazy & inept but he finally got everything that he had coming to him, some of it just a few months before he ETSed.

He opted to join a Reserve unit & he contracted before he left active duty. There was a $10,000 bonus with that & he received it right after his first Reserve drill. It also states on his Reserve contract that he's exempt from deployment for 2 years.

If it ain't in writing it ain't gonna happen.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Brigadier General

They probably wouldn't give him a bonus if it's not in his contract. I suppose there's a possibility of having it rewritten. The Army isn't in the business of giving money away indiscriminately So if a bonus wasn't offered for that MOS at that time or the MEPS Counselor didn't include it in the contract I'm afraid you're more than likely SOL.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.