armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibil1944
Yes this is an example of what i said where is the honor on this?

[url]http://www.thenausea.com/elements/usa/iraq2005/october/2005%2010%2017.wmv[/url]
Well this obviously concerns you a great deal.So, join up .Go to Iraq and find out first hand .
Talk is cheap ,Go put yourself in the situation .That way you will know ...

Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Well this obviously concerns you a great deal.So, join up .Go to Iraq and find out first hand .
Talk is cheap ,Go put yourself in the situation .That way you will know ...

I will next year

Old 02-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Colonel

I find myself unusually agreeing with mac, and as Tex says, it's the NCO / officers job to maintain discipline during emergencies. The rule must be to save life, and that doesn't mean running into the line of fire to help fallen comrades. And suppressing fire is not an option when you're in a busy street. Hit the ground, find cover and assess the situation should be what springs to mind. You don't have to wait too long for the area to clear of civilians and you can hasten events with a few bursts into the air. Then is the time to begin thinking of assisting the wounded.

'Never was so much owed by so many to so few.'
Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch
I find myself unusually agreeing with mac, and as Tex says, it's the NCO / officers job to maintain discipline during emergencies. The rule must be to save life, and that doesn't mean running into the line of fire to help fallen comrades. And suppressing fire is not an option when you're in a busy street. Hit the ground, find cover and assess the situation should be what springs to mind. You don't have to wait too long for the area to clear of civilians and you can hasten events with a few bursts into the air. Then is the time to begin thinking of assisting the wounded.
Agreed .But how does that relate to" Killbills" video? Their was no sniper ,Men are clearly trapped in the APC . The devices were either manually or remotely controlled or both .What would be your alternative procedure to minimise casualties here ?

Last edited by Texas; 02-23-2006 at 05:15 PM..

Old 02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Major General

Quote:
I will next year
Miraculous improvement in Written English ,well done !

Old 02-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Miraculous improvement in Written English ,well done !

cheers then

Old 02-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Major General

Quote:
cheers then
Yeh Yeh

Old 02-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Agreed .But how does that relate to" Killbills" video? Their was no sniper ,Men are clearly trapped in the APC . The devices were either manually or remotely controlled or both .What would be your alternative procedure to minimise casualties here ?
I, personally, would say that the immediate area of the blast should be evacuated pronto and scouted by air for the culprit(s) - these guys have a habit of videoing their attacks from close by, so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to find them with helicopters using thermal imaging. You have to take into account that the insurgents' aim when using IEDs/sniper attacks is the same as what it obviously was in that video (concentrate the enemy them take them out in numbers), so going in to help casualties straight away is always a big no in my opinion. There is no exception to this rule, i think.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:56 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_mac
I, personally, would say that the immediate area of the blast should be evacuated pronto and scouted by air for the culprit(s) - these guys have a habit of videoing their attacks from close by, so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to find them with helicopters using thermal imaging. You have to take into account that the insurgents' aim when using IEDs/sniper attacks is the same as what it obviously was in that video (concentrate the enemy them take them out in numbers), so going in to help casualties straight away is always a big no in my opinion. There is no exception to this rule, i think.

i would agree with you mac clear the area and get a gunship in the air once the area is clear
clear the wounded.............these insurgent b*stards are FAR too ****y for there own good
one day it will be there undoing

Old 02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

lol This thread is hilarious. That's two today. Thanks guys!