armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Private First Class

Send a message via AIM to ChrisWatson Send a message via MSN to ChrisWatson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWatson
Default Moderators

Where are the moderators? Rules are being broken left and right... and freakin' up and down. This forum is an insult to the US Army. I am suggesting a new moderating system.

I have moderated in, and owned many of the largest discussion forums on the internet today. And the moderation on our own US Army's forum is one of the worst I've seen yet.

New system suggestion:

Instead of having a few moderators(I don't even know if we have that many) for the entire forum, how about having different moderators, for different sections? And have a group of 2-5 ADMIN's that can run the entire forum.

This is a proven method of successfully moderatoring forums. This way, there are seperate teams of moderators for the different sections. If a certain section of the forum is lacking disipline, and people can say and do whatever they want... the team moderating that section is responsible. See how it works?

In the end, the moderation of the forum will be affective, and the Adminitrators will be kickin' back doing basically nothing.

Plus, a password-protected section would be good. That way, moderators and administrators can discuss rules and updates... along with what members need to be banned... what sections need to be reinforced, etc. etc.

I of course would volunteer to be a moderator... but the decision on that would be on whoever is the current Admin.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Second Lieutenant

I agree and currently who are the moderators?

Old 11-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Private First Class

Send a message via AIM to ChrisWatson Send a message via MSN to ChrisWatson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWatson

Honostly, I think there is only one moderator, Chris. (The guy who posts in Army.com News & Announcements)

I think he's the webmaster of Army.com... which would make him the mod & admin.

Last edited by ChrisWatson; 11-09-2005 at 11:12 AM..

Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

There is only one Admin. I have exchanged a few PMs with him, and he does not seem to concerned with letting things remain as they are.

There are a few highly moderated military boards out there but most of them are like this one. For those in the military, and those that can behave..PM me and I will shoot you a link to another site. It is moderated by current and former military members only, one of those being a current Marine Corps Colonel the other a former Vietnam 1st Sgt.

I believe this board has gotten a bit better with the addition of more military members, and older civilians...but other than refuting posts, there isn't much that can be done against those whose only goal is to start trouble and spread misinformation.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:26 AM
Private First Class

I'd of course love the links to more military forums... but I'm more concerned about this one. Army.com is probably the most visited military website on the internet... being the domain army.com. This website... I'm guessing... brings in over 100,000 hits a day. And some of those people browse the forum, even if they do not join it.

But if Chris want's to keep it the way it is... he would be the webmaster... making it his decision. So um... all well. lol.

__________________________________________________ ________________
Chris Watson - [email]cw_id24@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 AM
First Sergeant

i agree...

Israeli Soldier posted pictures of him and hes father having sexual intercourse... but did a moderater ever give him a warning no

Old 11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWatson
I'd of course love the links to more military forums... but I'm more concerned about this one. Army.com is probably the most visited military website on the internet... being the domain army.com. This website... I'm guessing... brings in over 100,000 hits a day. And some of those people browse the forum, even if they do not join it.

But if Chris want's to keep it the way it is... he would be the webmaster... making it his decision. So um... all well. lol.
As Phisy said, this is not the official US Army site, any accurate information on this site comes as the expense of former and current serving members of the military's time.

Those that show a serious interest in the military, are directed elsewhere via PM where they can inquire through the proper channels as well as from boards that are ran and moderated by military members.

Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWatson
Where are the moderators? Rules are being broken left and right... and freakin' up and down. This forum is an insult to the US Army. I am suggesting a new moderating system.

I have moderated in, and owned many of the largest discussion forums on the internet today. And the moderation on our own US Army's forum is one of the worst I've seen yet.

New system suggestion:

Instead of having a few moderators(I don't even know if we have that many) for the entire forum, how about having different moderators, for different sections? And have a group of 2-5 ADMIN's that can run the entire forum.

This is a proven method of successfully moderatoring forums. This way, there are seperate teams of moderators for the different sections. If a certain section of the forum is lacking disipline, and people can say and do whatever they want... the team moderating that section is responsible. See how it works?

In the end, the moderation of the forum will be affective, and the Adminitrators will be kickin' back doing basically nothing.

Plus, a password-protected section would be good. That way, moderators and administrators can discuss rules and updates... along with what members need to be banned... what sections need to be reinforced, etc. etc.

I of course would volunteer to be a moderator... but the decision on that would be on whoever is the current Admin.
Zeig heil mein fuhrer . Where did you come from ?