armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Private

Smile Hi, from Syracuse!

Hi, my name is Justin and I'm currently working my way into being enlisted in the U.S Army. I'm 100% on joining and unfortunately I'm waiting for my 1' stretched ear lobes to close enough to join! My recruiter sent my pictures yesterday to get approval and I hope it's a yes. I'm set on joining as an MP and I hope that will work out. Well, anyways, hi!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Sergeant

how long does it normally take for them to close?

Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Private

Well they told me the hole has to be the size of a pencil..1' is more the size of a quarter. They would prob take a few month for that to happen but I'm itchy to join so I cut them with razors which cause then regrow cells and in turn makes them shrink. I took about a month of waiting and turned it into a week. I'm hoping if they say no it shouldn't be longer then a few weeks and if it is I plan to get reconstructive surgery from my piercer for $400.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Sergeant

the razor thing sounds painful. It looks like you are well on your way though. good luck to you!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to lilyOhio

i am thinking of joining and my ears are gauged to size 2, is that going to be a problem? i can probably just take them out and they will close, but if it isn't going to be a problem i would prefer to leave them in. is protocol different for females? i have no qualms about taking them out if i have to, because that would be the dumbest reason for not being able to enlist.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyOhio View Post
i am thinking of joining and my ears are gauged to size 2, is that going to be a problem? i can probably just take them out and they will close, but if it isn't going to be a problem i would prefer to leave them in. is protocol different for females? i have no qualms about taking them out if i have to, because that would be the dumbest reason for not being able to enlist.
Lily, your best bet is to talk to a Recruiter & find out for sure. By the time the enlistment process is under way you can probably be at the requirement if necessary.

I'm really not sure what that requirement is.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Lily, your best bet is to talk to a Recruiter & find out for sure. By the time the enlistment process is under way you can probably be at the requirement if necessary.

I'm really not sure what that requirement is.
I was told by my recruiter that it needs to be the size of a pencil. An ear stretched to a 2g is NOTHING. A 0g is just about the size of a pencil. You do have to remove them either way but the actual size of the hole is not going to be an issue for you.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Private

Gah :\ Her boss said they still aren't small enough! I feel like they are and I see no reason why they are an issue.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Corporal

i had 00 gauge in both ears about 3 years ago and my right ear still hasnt closed all the way up. its prob about a 6 or 8 guage right now but its been that way for years and really want to get it to close all the way. i thought about sticking a red hot nail through it or maybe that razor trick will work. honestly i kinda regret streching my ears now that one of them wont grow back.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatson411 View Post
i had 00 gauge in both ears about 3 years ago and my right ear still hasnt closed all the way up. its prob about a 6 or 8 guage right now but its been that way for years and really want to get it to close all the way. i thought about sticking a red hot nail through it or maybe that razor trick will work. honestly i kinda regret streching my ears now that one of them wont grow back.
Well lucky for me they only need to be the size of a pencil and that is about where they currently are. The razor trick works just make sure to clean your ears and avoid putting lotion on an open wound. Also rubbing lotion high in vitamin E helps to increase cell growth. I only regret stretching my ears because I want to join the Army. Otherwise I'd still have them in.