armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Corporal

Default Imran Khan's statement in full

Well it would seem that the good old US is not in favour of Democracy in Pakistan after all ....Read below

Imran Khan’s statement supplied through his former wife, Jemima:

“My ex-husband Imran Khan, was first placed under house arrest at his family home in Lahore on Saturday.

The police ransacked his house and roughed up his family.

He managed to escape just before they returned with an arrest warrant to cart him off to Kot Lakpat jail.

He’s now in hiding along with most of his party and thousands of others who fear reprisals for criticising the government.

Imran Khan sent the following message from hiding via email: ‘They are using sheer force against lawyers, human rights organisations, political activists and all genuine opposition leaders are in jail.

‘The police have ransacked my house and ill treated my family members.

‘I believe that the Americans are complicit, or at the very least knew about this, before it took place. They are backing Musharraf as he could never get his way if they were serious about stopping him. Their recent statements represent just a slap on the wrist. The reason he is still getting support from the army is because of US backing.

‘I believe Benazir is on board with him as she is also threatened by the judiciary because of the NRO. Her party has not been touched by the authorities.

‘Our aim is to continue the struggle and mobilise the youth of the country from underground. ‘This move of Musharraf’s will ignite militancy and extremism. When you suppress democratic forces then the only way to resist is through militancy.’”

Last edited by Freddie Forsyth; 11-06-2007 at 03:12 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Same old same old.....Yea, we (USA) gets blamed for everything.
Have you ever posted the good america is doing throughout the world? Just curious. What's going on in Pakistan, is growing pains...nobody said freedom and human rights, and the right to vote was going to be easy. The ppl, have voted and now are unhappy because it's a struggle. They now have Democracy, now they want power. Personally, I don't give a damn about Pakistan. I only care about the insurgents, the T's (Terrorist) who live breed and plot how to kill innocent ppl.....How quick the world forgets....(911) We won't. We have men and women in the far away places in the world helping ppl to live without fear so they can go about their everyday lives without seeing women and children raped or killed. The right to send their children to school and to live their lives free.....

How about running water and electricity to live........We're in Afghanistan looking for insurgents, who attacked us..we're in the balkin region in Kosovo, helping the Muti-National Task Force East, which is part of a much larger International force called..The Kosovo Force(KFOR)...How about Disasters?...We have soldiers all over the world doing their jobs...some citzen soldiers doing the very best we can to make a difference. You have the right to post about militancy.....and I have the right to be proud to be American. Im American soldier, and I stand beside my brothers and sisters willing to do our jobs....go ahead post about ppl unhappy about America and it's policy...just remember, next time you have a problem don't come crying to us....theirs, an awful lot of my brothers dying to keep Democracy and your freedoms alive....

Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black bersts forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Corporal

Same old same old.....Yea, we (USA) gets blamed for everything.

Thats old, you need to lose that

Have you ever posted the good america is doing throughout the world? Just curious

All the time, I'm just not scared of reporting peoples thoughts and opposing opinions. Pakistan is going through serious civil unrest at the moment

What's going on in Pakistan, is growing pains...nobody said freedom and human rights, and the right to vote was going to be easy. The ppl, have voted and now are unhappy because it's a struggle. They now have Democracy, now they want power. Personally, I don't give a damn about Pakistan

That didn't make any sense at all

I only care about the insurgents, the T's (Terrorist) who live breed and plot how to kill innocent ppl.....How quick the world forgets....(911) We won't. We have men and women in the far away places in the world helping ppl to live without fear so they can go about their everyday lives without seeing women and children raped or killed. The right to send their children to school and to live their lives free.....

The thread is about the political situation in Pakistan, Which is like it or not heavily influenced by Washington. Thats not fiction its a fact

How about running water and electricity to live........We're in Afghanistan looking for insurgents, who attacked us..we're in the balkin region in Kosovo, helping the Muti-National Task Force East, which is part of a much larger International force called..The Kosovo Force(KFOR)...How about Disasters?...We have soldiers all over the world doing their jobs...some citzen soldiers doing the very best we can to make a difference. You have the right to post about militancy.....and I have the right to be proud to be American. Im American soldier, and I stand beside my brothers and sisters willing to do our jobs....go ahead post about ppl unhappy about America and it's policy...just remember, next time you have a problem don't come crying to us....theirs, an awful lot of my brothers dying to keep Democracy and your freedoms alive....

All very praise worthy but having absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand

Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Brigadier General

Maybe so...but it felt good saying it.....Why is America always to blame? isn't the rest of the world responsible as well ?.....Musharraf, was there long before we got there.....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 11-06-2007 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Maybe so...but it felt good saying it.....Why is America always to blame? isn't the rest of the world responsible as well ?.....Musharraf, was there long before we got there.....
You've got to learn to differentiate between the The American people and US Foreign policey. US foreign policey has tremendous leverage when it choses to act. That a side, when US foreign policey goes wrong.......... Thats when US citizens pay the price such as 9/11.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
You've got to learn to differentiate between the The American people and US Foreign policey. US foreign policey has tremendous leverage when it choses to act. That a side, when US foreign policey goes wrong.......... Thats when US citizens pay the price such as 9/11.
Well said, Great point and I hear ya. What the hell is going on over there.....Why doesn't Musharraf, just quit the Army leadership and cocentrate on leading his country into the future.....I must admit.....I was a little behind the times until yesterday when it comes to Pakistan and it's problems.....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Well said, Great point and I hear ya. What the hell is going on over there.....Why doesn't Musharraf, just quit the Army leadership and cocentrate on leading his country into the future.....I must admit.....I was a little behind the times until yesterday when it comes to Pakistan and it's problems.....
I'm not sure I fully understand either. Pakistan has various problems....

Its important that you vent your gut feeling, but your brain is in your head for a reason. So keep cool.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Brigadier General

Cool

Quote:
I'm not sure I fully understand either. Pakistan has various problems....

Its important that you vent your gut feeling, but your brain is in your head for a reason. So keep cool.
I hear ya! You R cool. I know where your coming from. When it comes to my country (USA) the soldier in me comes out...."Stay in the fight". Good show and all. Im a young student soldier, My school..my unit..my girlfriend..My major is business but also girls beers and drinks. It becomes hard at times discussing politics...it's not our way...yet. Soldiers, don't always have time or the luxury. Doesn't mix well. Lol. You already understand that and "get it". I appreciate that. Your a good and brilliant teacher and my friend. Oh, I almost forgot......

Im just too cool. I think I'll continue to stay cool. it's easy...... Moving forward..... lets continue on....please. Has any of the problems improved ? Lets hope so.....

Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 11-07-2007 at 07:34 PM..

Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Brigadier General

At this time Musharraf, love him or hate him, is the only ally the US has in fighting the Taliban& Al Queda outside of Afghanistan. If you noticed the US has also threatened to cut off any aid to Pakistan if this keeps up. Also the Taliban are running amok during this uprising. The US feels that Pakistan is no longer focusing on tangos in their country but rather the uprising. Where did you hear that we're supporting his regime? We did while the Pakistani military was killing terrorists that sought a safe haven after getting chased out of Afghanistan. Where do you get off that the US is in favor of the dictatorship that Musharrif is trying to impose? Nontheless we still have to go with the old adage, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Like it or not any Taliban or Al Queda killed/captured in Pakistan is one less that can kill a US or British soldier or any of the other Coalition troops.

What would you have us do? Invade Pakistan? That'd go over big with the hate America 1st crowd.

Then what do we do about Venezuala? Old Hugo is setting up a dictatorship with lots of squelching of dissidents. Where's the hue & cry about that? Of course that's our fault, too.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
when US foreign policey goes wrong.......... Thats when US citizens pay the price such as 9/11.
What did US foreign policy have to do with the attacks on 9/11? We've been shedding blood for Muslims for years in Somalia, Kuwait, Kosovo, Bosnia, etc.
The only policy that the tangoes are against are our Judeo/Christian Capitalistic national ideals. When are you anti-American people going to realize that the Islamofacists hate everybody who doesn't beleve exactly the way they do, England included & their only desire is to rid the world of us.
That's right - England, Spain, & a host of other nations haven't been attacked by them. Or have they? Must be bad foreign policy.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.