armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 AM
General of the Armies

Default Auzzie MOUT Training

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHrlqS5JK4w[/url]

Take a looksee at the Auzzie MOUT Training.... Not bad, but these lads from down under need a bit of work on their tac entries me thinks..... Your thoughts??......

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHrlqS5JK4w[/url]

Take a looksee at the Auzzie MOUT Training.... Not bad, but these lads from down under need a bit of work on their tac entries me thinks..... Your thoughts??......
yes.. posted that a while ago..

still its a fine video about what the training is..

Old 02-16-2007, 06:27 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
yes.. posted that a while ago..

still its a fine video about what the training is..
Yes, it illustrates a well set up training ground... the best ones are old housing estates, and buildings that the Army used for real like scenarios... awesome!!.... That Auz one is fine for beginner training, but lacks the real life feel of a terraced house breach for example.... or 1st floor attack.... Im sure the Auzzies have an area for the advanced stuff.... needed now more then ever...

Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Yes, it illustrates a well set up training ground... the best ones are old housing estates, and buildings that the Army used for real like scenarios... awesome!!.... That Auz one is fine for beginner training, but lacks the real life feel of a terraced house breach for example.... or 1st floor attack.... Im sure the Auzzies have an area for the advanced stuff.... needed now more then ever...
thats true... those made mazes of cubicles are not really the best surroundings..
we.. we mostly grab our gear and go to hide in the bushes..

thats fun winter hobby. knee deep in snow.. waiting for hours.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:51 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
thats true... those made mazes of cubicles are not really the best surroundings..
we.. we mostly grab our gear and go to hide in the bushes..

thats fun winter hobby. knee deep in snow.. waiting for hours.
lol.. sounds like fun alright.... my hobbies when its snowing outside involve a barstool, a pint and plenty of eye candy....

Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Staff Sergeant

Well i've heard that the aussies have one of the best trainings in the world, that their regular army infantry are like US marines, well and we cannot talk about SASR that are one of the worlds premier Army units, the best soldiers in desert and with less casualties in Afghanistan.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:58 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibil1944 View Post
Well i've heard that the aussies have one of the best trainings in the world, that their regular army infantry are like US marines, well and we cannot talk about SASR that are one of the worlds premier Army units, the best soldiers in desert and with less casualties in Afghanistan.
There well trained alright..... but USMC standard of training equates to British/French and Irish regular training for starters.... not knocking the Auzzies, they do have a well trained Army but they are not alone in that regard.. Auzzie SAS are tried and tested unit... but Brits still got the edge (albeit slight) on them I think....

Old 02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
There well trained alright..... but USMC standard of training equates to British/French and Irish regular training for starters.... not knocking the Auzzies, they do have a well trained Army but they are not alone in that regard.. Auzzie SAS are tried and tested unit... but Brits still got the edge (albeit slight) on them I think....
Yeah , i think that the problem with States army its that they have a big army mostly enlisted, comparing with UK, Ireland and Australia that counts with not so big armies the training gets better because they dont have the pressure of training troops fast for deployment.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:48 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibil1944 View Post
Yeah , i think that the problem with States army its that they have a big army mostly enlisted, comparing with UK, Ireland and Australia that counts with not so big armies the training gets better because they dont have the pressure of training troops fast for deployment.
Might be a language thing, but when we say enlisted, we mean personnel who are not Officers... (Privates, NCOs, etc, etc).... In that regard, the US Army is no different in terms of rough ratio of Officers to men.... The fact that that US Army has speciality format where one guy does one job only, is due I think more to their size, rather then there training ability. Smaller Armies by neccessity need to have multiskilled soldiers cos the lower numbers mean smaller fighting units, thus many jobs will need to be done by the soldier through the engagement/campaign. This is more in line with USMC training and format.. By default, the Smaller Armies get a more rounded training, and as individual soldiers perform better due to the multiskilled training.... that said, US Soldier performing with this unit can do as well when all the elements of his fighting unit are in place...