armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj100 View Post
I like a certain level of "dumb" in girls......
Yea, but by the end of the night, she was just irrating me.... good looks only get ya so far.. being down that road too many times... and birds like that have a grissley sense of self that if not checked will dismember a mans soul... beaten down over time with bull**** and nonsense.... naaww... wouldnt have the will or patience for that.... never did, never will... The search goes on......

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 11-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Staff Sergeant

I think if we leave Iraq now,we will need to go back in 10 years it will become a haven for terrorists and will be like Afghanistan was in the 1990s,its to dangrous to leave now

Old 11-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1 View Post
I think if we leave Iraq now,we will need to go back in 10 years it will become a haven for terrorists and will be like Afghanistan was in the 1990s,its to dangrous to leave now
well. actually what would most probably happen is that Iran would go and occupy the whole
country if the coalition would move away this instant.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
well. actually what would most probably happen is that Iran would go and occupy the whole
country if the coalition would move away this instant.
Yep, Iran would allow a couple tousand Ts to take off to the West to blow it to kingdom come and then annex Iraq in the interests of world peace.. I can see it now... it would be a Mullahs dream come true...

Old 11-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache7 View Post
Iraq's spiralling sectarian strife
In the first of a series on the sectarian violence in Iraq, the BBC's Mike Wooldridge explores the increasing domination of the capital Baghdad by bombers, gunmen and militias.
The Americans, working with Iraqi forces in a new drive to reclaim parts of the Iraqi capital from gunmen and bombers, call it Operation Together Forward.
authority of Iraq's still relatively new government, to the coalition's handover of full responsibility for security to the Iraqis and - more importantly - to averting what even US officers now acknowledge is the risk of outright civil war.

They are claiming some successes in reducing the number of violent incidents in areas they have already tackled and detaining people alleged to be involved in the violence.

But nowadays who are they actually up against?

The most visible trend in recent months in Baghdad and certain other cities and towns has been the increasing sectarianism - deadly, tit-for-tat violence perpetrated by certain Shia Muslim groups against Sunnis and certain Sunni groups against Shias.
I think the time has come to face facts and redraw the plan .Iraq is fragmenting and unfortunately we have to have the courage to recognise this . We have opened pandora's box and the only way I can see of stopping the violence is to segregate the different ethnic and religious groups . I take no satisfaction in saying this . But I am tired of hearing of one more American or British soldier dying for a cause that is lost already .
You can take the horse to water but you can't make it drink .
Please spare more parents the anguish of a lost son and stop this madness with no end

Old 11-24-2006, 01:11 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Reitlinger View Post
I think the time has come to face facts and redraw the plan .Iraq is fragmenting and unfortunately we have to have the courage to recognise this . We have opened pandora's box and the only way I can see of stopping the violence is to segregate the different ethnic and religious groups . I take no satisfaction in saying this . But I am tired of hearing of one more American or British soldier dying for a cause that is lost already .
You can take the horse to water but you can't make it drink .
Please spare more parents the anguish of a lost son and stop this madness with no end
The aim is to put the lid onto Pandoros box by dividing up Iraq.... I for one dont think it would work, cos of the location of oil interests.... it would start a civil war along ethnic lines.... That much is a fact no matter what way we turn. The need for a federal state is obvious and the best way to go, the need for VERY STRONG GOVERNMENT is also a requirement, now and into the future..... Dividing up Iraq now will acheive nothing, I am sorry to say..... there is a solution but tactics need to change by the Allies...

Old 11-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

It surprises me how seemingly inteligent people say ........its time to cut and run.....as ive said a 1000 times before the Iraqi forces need to be on their feet and at a point where they can counter the insurgancy and secterian volience untill then our mission isnt complete

Old 11-26-2006, 05:24 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
It surprises me how seemingly inteligent people say ........its time to cut and run.....as ive said a 1000 times before the Iraqi forces need to be on their feet and at a point where they can counter the insurgancy and secterian volience untill then our mission isnt complete
Yes, here here!!.... It amazes me how the these guys want to leave the job half done... cos if they do, it will be all of western europe who will be fighting a defensive guerilla war... neither you or I should be reactivated to fight this war cos some "intelligant guy" in his ivory tower doesnt like the ratings on Iraq. On a side note, I have being asked again to join the reorganisation of our reserves, and go into the 65th reserves... When I get me current job scenario sorted out, I might just do that.... I miss blowing **** up...hehe!!....

Old 11-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Yes, here here!!.... It amazes me how the these guys want to leave the job half done... cos if they do, it will be all of western europe who will be fighting a defensive guerilla war... neither you or I should be reactivated to fight this war cos some "intelligant guy" in his ivory tower doesnt like the ratings on Iraq. On a side note, I have being asked again to join the reorganisation of our reserves, and go into the 65th reserves... When I get me current job scenario sorted out, I might just do that.... I miss blowing **** up...hehe!!....
Its right.....if it isnt stoped in Iraq and Afghanistan.....the situation will spread like a plague...its always the way some pen pusher that has no real grasp of the situation gets to make the dections that effect the situation the most......on the side note......go for it bro!!!......going back is an option im looking at closely at the moment......there is nothing like it.....and since leaving the regs i havent found anything to fill the gap leaving has left....i hate watching the special news reports from basra and helmand ang getting ichy feet...

Old 11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Its right.....if it isnt stoped in Iraq and Afghanistan.....the situation will spread like a plague...its always the way some pen pusher that has no real grasp of the situation gets to make the dections that effect the situation the most......on the side note......go for it bro!!!......going back is an option im looking at closely at the moment......there is nothing like it.....and since leaving the regs i havent found anything to fill the gap leaving has left....i hate watching the special news reports from basra and helmand ang getting ichy feet...
I know what you mean, I rang Brigade HQ to see what the story was to get reactivate to a reserve unit, and keep my civvi job.... Typical, feckers taking an 8 hr tea break... I only wish I didnt do so well in civvi street and I could afford to go green full time again... Well, even part time is something, I get to play with the toys again... Will follow it up... keep ya posted....