armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 11-08-2006, 03:52 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj100 View Post
it dosnt matter whos to blame now.....that isnt relivent anymore.....nipped in the bud as you say......but im scratching my head on where to start in Iraq
On Iraq, I see two solutions....

1. US goes to non participating Nations and offers them a fair share of the Iraq contracts, jobs, etc and agress to reform command structures to allow two pronged approach to Iraq on counter insurgency and peace enforcement.... to resource this I forsee the French and Germans needing to get involved and troop numbers going up by 1.5 times with huge deployments of Armour aswell... Borders need to be secured and this can only be done with Syrias cooperation, and monitor force from UN far side with strong Defensive force Iran side to intercept arms, etc... Its a HUGE US created mess, and a Global effort is needed I think to restore credibility under a UN banner to remedial military actions by global community.

2. US ignores UN and allot of the world again, and does point 1 on its own... with UK of course. Rest of partners in Iraq are token contributors of troops...

Its a bad situation but the dramatic increase in troops will seal up a MASSIVE problem allowing voilence to continue, which is open borders... free movement of insurgents and lack of offensive operations mixed with peace encforcement operations....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Major General

Quote:
it dosnt matter whos to blame now.....that isnt relivent anymore.....nipped in the bud as you say......but im scratching my head on where to start in Iraq
Well, dismantling Saddams security infrastructure has undoubtably given us the majority of our problems .But how could we have operated with an inherantly corrupt and barbaric policing regime ...........Answer = the same way we are now ,only we would be dealing with less insurgents .As the majority of insurgents tend to be unemployed Soldiers and Police

Old 11-08-2006, 04:01 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Well, dismantling Saddams security infrastructure has undoubtably given us the majority of our problems .But how could we have operated with an inherantly corrupt and barbaric policing regime ...........Answer = the same way we are now ,only we would be dealing with less insurgents .As the majority of insurgents tend to be unemployed Soldiers and Police
There seems to be a foreign pressence there and more radical then the old guard.... Its try that disarming the Army and Police especially was one of many major errors, but to the future, overwhelming odds require overwhelming power to succeed.... Big troop numbers to get the borders closed and hand back to Iraq when they have the numbers to replace the Allies..... its building the local Army back up from scratch will undo the first mistake mentioned above.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
On Iraq, I see two solutions....

1. US goes to non participating Nations and offers them a fair share of the Iraq contracts, jobs, etc and agress to reform command structures to allow two pronged approach to Iraq on counter insurgency and peace enforcement.... to resource this I forsee the French and Germans needing to get involved and troop numbers going up by 1.5 times with huge deployments of Armour aswell... Borders need to be secured and this can only be done with Syrias cooperation, and monitor force from UN far side with strong Defensive force Iran side to intercept arms, etc... Its a HUGE US created mess, and a Global effort is needed I think to restore credibility under a UN banner to remedial military actions by global community.

2. US ignores UN and allot of the world again, and does point 1 on its own... with UK of course. Rest of partners in Iraq are token contributors of troops...

Its a bad situation but the dramatic increase in troops will seal up a MASSIVE problem allowing voilence to continue, which is open borders... free movement of insurgents and lack of offensive operations mixed with peace encforcement operations....
Great ideas..........your a wiser man them me thats forsure

Old 11-09-2006, 03:37 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Great ideas..........your a wiser man them me thats forsure
Dunno about that mate, a wise man always has more to learn... I just have a few years on ya... thats all...

Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Dunno about that mate, a wise man always has more to learn... I just have a few years on ya... thats all...
Nah Exo mate.......people are born with wisdom....inteligence can be gathered

Old 11-11-2006, 07:52 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Nah Exo mate.......people are born with wisdom....inteligence can be gathered
Haha... good one jrj... another pun joke.... keep em comin bro!!.....

Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Haha... good one jrj... another pun joke.... keep em comin bro!!.....
there was a bit of seriousness in what i said to be honest........some people are born with the space to learn......but common sense tends to be behond them......my dad used to say........clever isnt wise.......some of the most inteligent people(as in IQ)lack basic common sense......it sounds insane but its true

Old 11-18-2006, 11:27 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
there was a bit of seriousness in what i said to be honest........some people are born with the space to learn......but common sense tends to be behond them......my dad used to say........clever isnt wise.......some of the most inteligent people(as in IQ)lack basic common sense......it sounds insane but its true
I know what you mean man.... I was with this chic last night at an Awards ceramony, she was sexy, good looking (Great Kisser.... )and had won an award for her professional acheivements.... By the end of the night, after hearing her sober and drunk, I thought she was witless who lacked any common sense whatsoever..... needless tosay, no phone numbers were exchanged... hehe!!..

Old 11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

I like a certain level of "dumb" in girls......