armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Default A bit James Bond

Have a look at this.......BBC news report......

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6163646.stm[/url]

Old 11-19-2006, 11:20 AM
General of the Armies

Wheres James bond when you need him??...hehe... seriously though, it would not suprise me, Putin is deluded in thinking hes a big dog on the world stage.... Hes broke, and dangerous to boot..... Look at his new friends, all he wants to do is get back on track to be the mighty USSR again.... Getting rid of the opposition within is the start.....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 11-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Default so he dies...........

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6173234.stm?ls[/url]

Old 11-26-2006, 05:09 AM
General of the Armies

I would say the UK Russian relations have taken a knock.... unless they asked permission first... wouldnt be the first time, the big boyz club made informal arrangements like that...

Old 11-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj100 View Post
Have a look at this.......BBC news report......

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6163646.stm[/url]
It's been all over the news here. I don't doubt one bit that Putin is behind it. It looks like classic KGB procedure to me and last time I checked Putin was ex-KGB.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman

Old 11-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
I would say the UK Russian relations have taken a knock.... unless they asked permission first... wouldnt be the first time, the big boyz club made informal arrangements like that...
As you say the relations bettween the 2 countries would have taken a knock........but i cant see MI5 not knowing.....the parts of the British public that go around thinking everything is rainbows and butterflies are suddenly shocked when things like this come out.......they think...... "No not our goverment we wouldnt have had any hand in that sort of thing".........i bet things like this happen all the time.......it just never becomes public knowledge.....

Old 11-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int View Post
It's been all over the news here. I don't doubt one bit that Putin is behind it. It looks like classic KGB procedure to me and last time I checked Putin was ex-KGB.
Good point about Putin.......hes old school USSR....theyve found 5 other places with traces of radiation now in London....its got KGB written all over it......the Pro-western Ukranian leader knew all to well about KGB tatics

Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
As you say the relations bettween the 2 countries would have taken a knock........but i cant see MI5 not knowing.....the parts of the British public that go around thinking everything is rainbows and butterflies are suddenly shocked when things like this come out.......they think...... "No not our goverment we wouldnt have had any hand in that sort of thing".........i bet things like this happen all the time.......it just never becomes public knowledge.....

Yep, wouldnt suprise me at all.... It gonna get politisized now.... they all seem to be jumping all over it... Silly thing for Putin to do though....

Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Yep, wouldnt suprise me at all.... It gonna get politisized now.... they all seem to be jumping all over it... Silly thing for Putin to do though....
Tony Blair has stated nothing political will stand in the way of finding out what really happened and has asked russia to make sure it co-operates fully with the investigation....8 people are now being tested for radiation posioning......if it is a russian job.......then what a shambles.....and second if they havent had the green light from MI5 then cheeky bastards....this isnt one of the old soviet states were you can go around spreding your soviet style fear at your own free will..... if it happened Latvia or Georgia wouldnt be surprising.....but still unaceptable......doing it here is either big balls or small brain.....and knowing putin its a bit of both

Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Tony Blair has stated nothing political will stand in the way of finding out what really happened and has asked russia to make sure it co-operates fully with the investigation....8 people are now being tested for radiation posioning......if it is a russian job.......then what a shambles.....and second if they havent had the green light from MI5 then cheeky bastards....this isnt one of the old soviet states were you can go around spreding your soviet style fear at your own free will..... if it happened Latvia or Georgia wouldnt be surprising.....but still unaceptable......doing it here is either big balls or small brain.....and knowing putin its a bit of both

Big Balls, Small Brain and Large Ego... Thats Putin... hes a tit!!.... Thats the kind of posturing and arrogance that if unchallanged, can run roughshod over whats good in the world.... Fear is a powerful incentive to do nothing... well feck em..... need more then 007 poisen to stop the free....