armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Sergeant

Arrow Going to Korea???

So my husband and I just found out that he is to report to Camp Casey, Korea in June. Although, the information here has been very useful, there just isn't quite enough. In my opinion it's hard to find info on the web about being stationed in Korea period. I did come across this website I wanted to share with everyone. It's a forum with members who are, will be, or have been stationed in Korea. It's run by the same people who run the forums here at Army.com. So far I have found it very useful. The section "Spouse's Club in Korea" has great info for families trying to get Command Sponsorship or come to Korea without Command Sponsorship. Take a look if you need some info about going to Korea. Best of luck!

[url]http://www.usfkforums.com/[/url]

Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiHer82 View Post
So my husband and I just found out that he is to report to Camp Casey, Korea in June. Although, the information here has been very useful, there just isn't quite enough. In my opinion it's hard to find info on the web about being stationed in Korea period. I did come across this website I wanted to share with everyone. It's a forum with members who are, will be, or have been stationed in Korea. It's run by the same people who run the forums here at Army.com. So far I have found it very useful. The section "Spouse's Club in Korea" has great info for families trying to get Command Sponsorship or come to Korea without Command Sponsorship. Take a look if you need some info about going to Korea. Best of luck!

In Europe we have S-Gate = sponsorship gateway to Europe. [url]http://www.imcom-europe.army.mil/sites/divisions/hr_milper_sgate.asp[/url]

I found this link for Korea

[url]https://sms.korea.army.mil/[/url]

If you are currently on orders to Korea, you will not be able to log into our system until you are 30 to 45 days from your report date. If you are within that window and still are not able to access SMS, please contact the SMS Help Desk (smshelpdesk@korea.army.miil).

Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Recruit

This is great and all, how about if you only have option 1 and option 3 of re-enlistment but you can't get Korea promised as a duty station? I'm going to look into this link provided above when i get the chance to. Now i do understand that i would have to contact my BRANCH to inquire about getting Korea.

One of my main concerns about Korea is it's living conditions for U.S. Soldiers and things about Korea that should be noted (I.E. Riots)?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:23 PM
First Lieutenant

My boyfriend is also going to Korea June fourth very upsetting!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MageSkeleton View Post
This is great and all, how about if you only have option 1 and option 3 of re-enlistment but you can't get Korea promised as a duty station? I'm going to look into this link provided above when i get the chance to. Now i do understand that i would have to contact my BRANCH to inquire about getting Korea.

One of my main concerns about Korea is it's living conditions for U.S. Soldiers and things about Korea that should be noted (I.E. Riots)?

I don't have any info about the first part of your post, but as far as living conditions I've heard a lot has changed (for the better) over there. A lot of people seem to enjoy Korea, soldiers and family alike.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
I don't have any info about the first part of your post, but as far as living conditions I've heard a lot has changed (for the better) over there. A lot of people seem to enjoy Korea
Don't worry missinhim. It's only for a year. Plus he gets leave for 30 days while he's there. So maybe he can come home. Keep your head up

Do you know where he's going in Korea?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Don't worry missinhim. It's only for a year. Plus he gets leave for 30 days while he's there. So maybe he can come home. Keep your head up

Do you know where he's going in Korea?
Thanks that does help alot and I'm glad he gets some time back home! Butmwish it was more than thirty days!

And no I'm not sure where
At in Korea

Old 05-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:

My boyfriend is stationed at Camp Casey too! He's been there since December 17th though, and we are hoping for his mid-tour leave soon--actually, that whole situation is messed up b/c he had been granted his leave, and then his sergeant lost his leave forms, so my guy had to fill out new forms and re-submit them....he is still waiting to see if he has been granted permission again for June 1st leave! Anyway, I had found a decent site too if you want to know about everything on/at Camp Casey: [url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/camp-casey.htm[/url] That, and a Tour Guide Book of Korea (both North and South) has been very helpful, teaching me so much about the history, culture, customs, and so much more. Good luck!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
My boyfriend is also going to Korea June fourth very upsetting!
He's already received deployment orders???

Isn't he still in BCT?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
He's already received deployment orders???

Isn't he still in BCT?
My soldier got his deployment orders at least a month before he got out of BCT. It tore me up pretty bad because I was already really missing him, and then to find out when and where he was going shortly after coming home....it was bad and really scary. But it will be fine--not as much going on in Korea, and South Korea is much safer than North Korea.