armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Private First Class

Default If deployed

Would we have the right to refuse to be deployed? If being deployed means to be called out to combat. I'm not saying I would refuse, but what if something like a family issue comes up and you need to be there for them.

Apologize, I have no education about the Army or how It is set up or works. So you'll probably be seeing a lot of questions from me like this

Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Captain

Your chain of command will look at each Soldier's individual circumstances. There is always exception to anything but realistically it is going to be extensive circumstances to keep you from deploying with your unit.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Deploy??

When you enlist in the Army you take an oath. The oath states that you will follow the orders of the President,the Officer's and the NCO' s appointed over you. It does not state that you can follow the orders if it is conveiniant for you!! If you feel that family issues may impede your ability to deploy then you need to NOT join the Army. The Army has a program called EFMP (exceptional family memeber program) if your family has issues that need addressed then the EFMP will help take care of those issues while you are deployed. They need to have legitimate problems, not you cant deploy because your wife will miss you. I for one am sick of people who want to join the Army as long as they dont have to do certain things!!! When I joined in 1983 the only gaurentee I had was the Army would pay me, feed me and give me a place to sleep!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
When you enlist in the Army you take an oath. The oath states that you will follow the orders of the President,the Officer's and the NCO' s appointed over you. It does not state that you can follow the orders if it is conveiniant for you!! If you feel that family issues may impede your ability to deploy then you need to NOT join the Army. The Army has a program called EFMP (exceptional family memeber program) if your family has issues that need addressed then the EFMP will help take care of those issues while you are deployed. They need to have legitimate problems, not you cant deploy because your wife will miss you. I for one am sick of people who want to join the Army as long as they dont have to do certain things!!! When I joined in 1983 the only gaurentee I had was the Army would pay me, feed me and give me a place to sleep!
It was just a hypothetical question, no need to get worked up I was just wondering. I would deploy if I had the call.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth keen View Post
It was just a hypothetical question, no need to get worked up I was just wondering. I would deploy if I had the call.
Easy there. You put forward the question and it's serious. Rec gave a serious answer. When you enlist, you swear an oath to serve and defend the United States of America. It's serious business and you put forward a question about getting around the possibility of deployment. Dereliction of Duty is a serious matter and should be answered in a serious manner.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Easy there. You put forward the question and it's serious. Rec gave a serious answer. When you enlist, you swear an oath to serve and defend the United States of America. It's serious business and you put forward a question about getting around the possibility of deployment. Dereliction of Duty is a serious matter and should be answered in a serious manner.
No Need to jump in like that. I was just saying it as hypothetically. Like I said I have no education on how the Army works, last thing I want is a respectable soldier yelling at me.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Hypothetical??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth keen View Post
No Need to jump in like that. I was just saying it as hypothetically. Like I said I have no education on how the Army works, last thing I want is a respectable soldier yelling at me.
KEEN,
First off this is an open forum and anyone, anywhere can "jump in" when they feel compeeled to make a statement. This site is not just reserved for those who have questions. We try to have intelligent discussions and give advice when asked. Second, I am sure I am not the only one on this site who are getting a little tired of "hypothetical" questions such as yours. We have been overwhelmed lately with questions from young Soldiers or people who are thinking about joining the Army. Alot of the "hypothetical" questions revolve around people trying to find loopholes in their obligation to the service. If this applies to you then take the "yelling" for what it's worth. If it doesnt apply to you then get some thicker skin.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
KEEN,
First off this is an open forum and anyone, anywhere can "jump in" when they feel compeeled to make a statement. This site is not just reserved for those who have questions. We try to have intelligent discussions and give advice when asked. Second, I am sure I am not the only one on this site who are getting a little tired of "hypothetical" questions such as yours. We have been overwhelmed lately with questions from young Soldiers or people who are thinking about joining the Army. Alot of the "hypothetical" questions revolve around people trying to find loopholes in their obligation to the service. If this applies to you then take the "yelling" for what it's worth. If it doesnt apply to you then get some thicker skin.
You just said that there's a lot of young soldier on this message board, so It'd just be common sense that you'd get these kinds of question. Going off on someone isn't an intelligent discussion let alone an intelligent response. Trying to find loopholes to the army's service is a bull crap state ment in my eye's. I have serious intentions on enlisting when I turn 18 so I want to know all the rules before I enlist. I could argue more, but I didn't come here to hear member's "Go off" on unexperienced members. So I'd feel much better if in the future I could just get a simple response to my questions. Thank you, and again apologize for arguing.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

You asked a question about avoiding deployment. How were we supposed to act?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
You asked a question about avoiding deployment. How were we supposed to act?
wow. it was just a question. he has no knowledge of this kinda stuff. take a chill pill and relax! jeez.