armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Travel
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Recruit

Exclamation germany and deployment

My husband is staiond in Germany an dwill possibly go to Iraq this fall. If my child and I go to Germany will we be stuck if he is deployed to Iraq? Will the army allow us to leave or not. I keep hearing different answeres. Someone please help.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by military wife View Post
My husband is staiond in Germany an dwill possibly go to Iraq this fall. If my child and I go to Germany will we be stuck if he is deployed to Iraq? Will the army allow us to leave or not. I keep hearing different answeres. Someone please help.
You can do whatever you want, stay in Germany or move back to the states. Your choice.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by military wife View Post
>.> I hope my Fiance gets stationed in germany, But my question is, DId your husband find out after AIT or durring where he wil be stationed? I'm curious to know,

Old 06-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default germany and deployment

Hi,

I have been struggling with that decision. My hubby is in AIT right now and any minute we'll get our orders. Most of them have been told that they will be deployed in November or so for a middle east assignment. Of course, we expected that - however, I am having a hard time deciding with whether I want to stay near family or stay on post where ever we are stationed when he is deployed. I am pregnant and have two kids. I would like to stay near family for the kids to be close to cousins... but I don't know if it would be the kind of support system needed during deployment. I have heard lots of different people talk about their experiences on post vs. at home. It seems to be split 50/50. Either people love the support on post more so than home... or vis versa.

Good luck with everything. Let me know how it goes. By the way, my SIL lived in Germany during her hubby's deployment. She loved it over there. What a neat station.

Fireball

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

first you husband will have to go to the base alone and get on the list for a home. the waiting list can very in time from weeks to months ar more. this veries from base to base. dont worry about it to much, he may be deployed before you have a home and then you will just stay home with your family.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaofoz View Post
>.> I hope my Fiance gets stationed in germany, But my question is, DId your husband find out after AIT or durring where he wil be stationed? I'm curious to know,
we found out AFTER he graduated basic and AIT where my hubby was going (it was Germany)

Old 10-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills View Post
we found out AFTER he graduated basic and AIT where my hubby was going (it was Germany)
Usually you find out during AIT -- because you head to that station right after AIT. (Give or take a few weeks)

-Fireball

Old 10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Usually you find out during AIT -- because you head to that station right after AIT. (Give or take a few weeks)

well i dont know exactly when he found out but he told me on family day when my mother and i drove up to pick him up and watch him graduate... hey i have a question can i join after i have a baby????

Old 10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wills View Post

well i dont know exactly when he found out but he told me on family day when my mother and i drove up to pick him up and watch him graduate... hey i have a question can i join after i have a baby????
I do not know how that works... two army parents with kids... I know they have them. The few people I know were already active duty and got married to people they served with and then had kids... never have met anyone in your situation. Someone on here may know... or contact a recruiter.

-Fireball

Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Sergeant First Class

yeah someone answerd on a different thread... i would basically have to sign my rights over... my i would leave the baby with my husband... i DONT KNOW if thats what i am going to do (i know it would be hard to be away from the baby) but yeah thanks anyways but my question was answerd