Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitika View Post
First and foremost...theres a nice part of the Ghetto!? How did I not know this....!? And is housing really that bad? And or hard to get into on post?....Great...more stressing on my part now....
Yes, it can be this hard to get onto a post with a LOW RANK! We needed a 3-bdrm so there are many in our rank needing that many rooms apparently. If we had one more kid we would qualify for a 4 bedroom because of the ages of our kids... HEY - NO WORRIES we are working on it! The nice part is the 4-bdrm housing is BRAND NEW... hahaha so hopefully in 12 months we'll be moving right in.

As for the ghetto... heck yah! They try and build up some areas to encourage good people like us to stablize the city (or to give the crazies some game)... or they renovate to make it prettier... hahaha STILL THE SAME MENTALITIES just cuter houses.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

are a 9 year old and 7 year old boy required to share a room are can they get there own bedroom?

good luck on the baby makeing, i know you'll have a blast trying!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
are a 9 year old and 7 year old boy required to share a room are can they get there own bedroom?

good luck on the baby makeing, i know you'll have a blast trying!
I heard rumor it is three+ years age difference can not share... or opposite sex. You'd have to call though.

-Fireball

Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
First Lieutenant

the boys were fighting over which night light to use last night. seperate bedrooms would be a blessing to us all!

Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Brigadier General

Smile

Quote:
the boys were fighting over which night light to use last night. seperate bedrooms would be a blessing to us all!
No way man... I AM ALL for sharing rooms... forget your sanity and remember it is about teaching them to respect other's property, work together as a team, etc... dude sharing a room prepares you for life! hahahahahaha All my kids will share rooms. I have NO sympathy for anyone who has to share a room. At one point I was sharing a room with my little brothers and my baby sister. IT SUCKED... the room was like 10x10. hahaha Then we switched at 10 and I shared with my sister for the rest of my youth - up until college. She was 8 years younger than me AND had a learning disability. Looking back - I am SO glad I shared - even though I HATED IT. Yes, privacy would have been nice - but being with someone always kept us on the straight and narrow. hahahaha! Not to mention helped me to deal with the annoyances of roomates.

My kids have separate rooms because they are different sex -- but my son every night asks my daughter "can I sleep in your room". (We have bunk beds with the trundles under the lower bunk) She'll say yes or no. They are so funny! She'll read him books and tell stories and it is so cute to hear them playing and trying to resolve issues. When they do start to fight I play mediator. YES -I am one of those annoying mom's. I ask what is going on -ask "how does that make you feel? Do we treat people that way? What are our house rules? What can you do to make this better?" and have them resolve the issue.

SUCK IT UP KM... hahaha!

-Fireball

Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
No way man... I AM ALL for sharing rooms... forget your sanity and remember it is about teaching them to respect other's property, work together as a team, etc... dude sharing a room prepares you for life! hahahahahaha All my kids will share rooms. I have NO sympathy for anyone who has to share a room. At one point I was sharing a room with my little brothers and my baby sister. IT SUCKED... the room was like 10x10. hahaha Then we switched at 10 and I shared with my sister for the rest of my youth - up until college. She was 8 years younger than me AND had a learning disability. Looking back - I am SO glad I shared - even though I HATED IT. Yes, privacy would have been nice - but being with someone always kept us on the straight and narrow. hahahaha! Not to mention helped me to deal with the annoyances of roomates.
My kids have separate rooms because they are different sex -- but my son every night asks my daughter "can I sleep in your room". (We have bunk beds with the trundles under the lower bunk) She'll say yes or no. They are so funny! She'll read him books and tell stories and it is so cute to hear them playing and trying to resolve issues. When they do start to fight I play mediator. YES -I am one of those annoying mom's. I ask what is going on -ask "how does that make you feel? Do we treat people that way? What are our house rules? What can you do to make this better?" and have them resolve the issue.
SUCK IT UP KM... hahaha!
well, growing up i shared a room with 2 sisters and two brothers. girls had a bed on one side and girls on the other. dad worked his *** off to take care of us, his aunt who raised him do to his parents death, and two other children from previous marriage. it was a shot gun house so there was NO privacy at all. so i'm one of those mothers who wants to give the kids what i couldnt have. my boys being 2 years apart go to the same school, there almost always on the same sports team. have the same friends and yadda yadda yadda. i think the'll be okay with seperate bedrooms.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
well, growing up i shared a room with 2 sisters and two brothers. girls had a bed on one side and girls on the other. dad worked his *** off to take care of us, his aunt who raised him do to his parents death, and two other children from previous marriage. it was a shot gun house so there was NO privacy at all. so i'm one of those mothers who wants to give the kids what i couldnt have. my boys being 2 years apart go to the same school, there almost always on the same sports team. have the same friends and yadda yadda yadda. i think the'll be okay with seperate bedrooms.
OF COURSE, any and every kid would be ok with not having to share a bedroom! hahaha

-Fireball